Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-15-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3 [512mb, FW: 1.5]
Question Avantgo to Cybook

I am looking for a way to transfer the onlinenewspaper I pay for to my Cybook.

The newspaper is available as a webedition that is crowded with javascript (and cannot be navigated without) and I don't think there is a way to get that into plain html, but they offer an avantgo-solution for mobile devices.

Is there a way to convert avangto-channels to plain html so I can read them on my Cybook?
Pulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:50 PM   #2
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Have you tried the eNews store in Mobipocket reader on the PC.

It has the option to point it to a number of sites and generate a .mobi book which it can then sync with the Gen 3.

Its pretty easy and free to use, so is well worth a try
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2008, 03:50 PM   #3
Pulp
Palm Addict
Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pulp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My problem is that it only allows to use feeds, my account needs a login and the mobisoftware doesn't support that.
I have read the thread about using rim.avantgo.com to browse avantgo-channels using a normal browser or even creating iSilo-books with it - if I found a solution like that to create mobifiles it would be great!
Old 09-15-2008, 10:00 PM   #4
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Unfortunately, not having ever used avantgo or the iSilo format I cant really suggest a workaround .

However there are many much more technical minded people here so they may be able suggest a solution.

Can I ask you which specific paid newspapers you are trying to download. It may make it easier for someone to suggest a workaround if they know the site as they may have done it themselves in the past.
Old 09-16-2008, 08:42 AM   #5
Pulp
Palm Addict

The newspaper is an austrian newspaper called "DerStandard" which is available in 3 digital formats on www.derstandarddigital.at (including demos).
I'm really hoping someone comes up with an idea because being used to the Cybook-display makes reading on a Treo a pain
Advert
Old 09-16-2008, 01:35 PM   #6
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie

Well Poking around on google led me to this thread back on mobileread and it may be worth having a look

Isilo to Sony Reader

Another Possible useful link

http://lists.plkr.org/pipermail/pluc...ry/001274.html
Old 09-17-2008, 03:44 AM   #7
Pulp
Palm Addict

Thanks! If I get the avantgo-rimportal-isilox-html-cybook way working it would be a start
Old 09-17-2008, 12:15 PM   #8
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
Thanks! If I get the avantgo-rimportal-isilox-html-cybook way working it would be a start
Well, if it works you could always write a scrip or somethingto automate it.

I just figured that getting the text out of avantgo would be the most important step.

Still I can't really test the feasibility or practility of any of the methods as i never used avantgo.

Everytime I thought about trying I found another tool which fitted my needs better.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:17 AM   #9
junior
Connoisseur
junior began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
I use Adobe Acrobat Pro Extended 9 (in my work) to transform any HTML page (external link) for a single pdf file (with several pages).

Equal to Isilo Acrobat choose the level of depth (outside link-level 1,2,3 ...).

Very good.
junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:06 AM   #10
martinbradford
martinbradford began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pulp View Post
I am looking for a way to transfer the onlinenewspaper I pay for to my Cybook.

The newspaper is available as a webedition that is crowded with javascript (and cannot be navigated without) and I don't think there is a way to get that into plain html, but they offer an avantgo-solution for mobile devices.

Is there a way to convert avangto-channels to plain html so I can read them on my Cybook?
I've done this for other sites using Brown Recluse (http://softbytelabs.com/us/br/index.html). It's not particularly difficult it you have some basic programming experience - there is a fully functional eval copy available, so give it a try...

Martin
martinbradford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 03:41 PM   #11
Pulp
Palm Addict

Thank you for that tip, i was trying different spiders already, but gave up because they all lacked the needed flexibility!
I will definitely give that one a try!