Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-17-2017, 07:20 PM   #1
Calibrate
Calibrate began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Brother can't send be books Docs.

For years my brother has sent me a book here and there with calebre. It always worked great until now.

He is my kindle allowed list to get files.

He can send a book to himself now problem and when he sends one to me it looks to go through but I don't get it.

I can send books to him or myself without a problem. We checked screenshots of all are settings and everything looks perfect but no joy.

No idea what to try next.
Calibrate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 11:34 AM   #2
SquiddOhio
Connoisseur
SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.SquiddOhio inspires wonder wherever he or she goes.

Device: Kindle Touch
Try having your Kindle look at all files, instead of just at books. I have found that often books sent to my Kindle by others show up as docs instead of as books. I have no idea why this is, and it's quite annoying, and it seems to be a fairly recent phenomenon.
SquiddOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2017, 10:22 AM   #3
Calibrate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquiddOhio View Post
Try having your Kindle look at all files, instead of just at books. I have found that often books sent to my Kindle by others show up as docs instead of as books. I have no idea why this is, and it's quite annoying, and it seems to be a fairly recent phenomenon.
I looked in all categories. Yes Calibre recieved books always show up under docs. So far, no joy.
Old 08-26-2017, 06:00 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Typically, If Amazon did not sell you the book, it is a 'personal DOC when it hits your Kindle
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:30 PM   #5
Calibrate

I am able to send myself books. He can send books to himself and other people. His email is on my kindle allowed list. I have gotten books from him once or twice a year without a problem.

Yes I know that shared books via Calibre go in the docs area of Kindle.

We gave up.
Advert
Old 09-06-2017, 07:16 PM   #6
Kismatt
lowly peon
Kismatt began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy A7, Win10 Tab, Paperwhite (7th Gen), Paperwhite (10th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibrate View Post
I am able to send myself books. He can send books to himself and other people. His email is on my kindle allowed list. I have gotten books from him once or twice a year without a problem.

Yes I know that shared books via Calibre go in the docs area of Kindle.

We gave up.
Hi! I noticed something on my Calibre output settings that may be an issue.

I send books to my SIL for her iPad kindle app, and make sure that they are in MOBI format before I send. I noticed that the setting for tagging the converted books is [PDOC] - it needs to be [EBOK] in order for her to get the book as a book instead of a document.

You may need some others to verify this - I switched from 32-bit to 64-bit when I upgraded to win10, and it's been a while since I sent her anything.

Also, I sometimes would send the books from my Yahoo account to her Kindle - so the send path was Calibre (personal email) to Yahoo (yahoo email) to her Kindle (kindle email).

Hope that helps!!!
Kismatt is offline   Reply With Quote