Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-05-2014, 09:25 PM   #1
maezy
maezy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
PC won't recognize Kobo Aura Help!

My laptop will not recognize my device (Kobo Aura). When I first connected it I got a message that said it was installing drivers and then the message "Installation of device driver was unsuccessful." First - why would it want to install a new driver? I connected it a few days ago just fine. Second - I have done the following:
- used different USB ports
- used a different micro USB cord
- restarted my computer (a few times)
- hard restarted my Kobo via a paper clip
Nothing. Worked. Help please!

Also, latest version on device is 3.3.0.
maezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 09:31 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What O/S are you using?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2014, 09:34 PM   #3
maezy

Windows 7
Old 05-05-2014, 11:40 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
The need to install a driver usually means there was a firmware update since the last connection. Or a different USB port was used.

I have had the driver install fail once or twice. From memory, I fixed it using USBDeview to delete all the instances of "Kobo eReader" devices installed. Then restart both the PC and the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 12:06 PM   #5
maezy

I was able to fix the problem. I read on here *somewhere* that a person with the same problem was able to see the device in Devices & Printers.

I checked there and saw it. I right clicked and clicked Properties. In there I was able to look to see what drivers there were - which there were none. I clicked EDIT and then Check for Drivers. It found one, installed it and VOILA! Worked.
Advert