Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-27-2011, 04:40 AM   #1
janzen
janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iLiad
Iliad Travel-Hub

My first post on this forum.

To-day I got my Iliad reader (1st) complete with its Travel-Hub.
Question:
Why is it that the travel-hub shape is that peculiar?
Is it meant to be connected to another device?

Regards,
Hans
janzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 07:16 AM   #2
Hekse-Mie
Boekenwurm
Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook 623, 903 & 603, 360+, Sony 600, Irex Iliad
Smile

I think it is possible to connect your Iliad with a wired network via the travel hub.
It is certain that a RJ45 connector fits in the travel hub, because I tried it. I didn't try to connect to the internet this way yet.
Hekse-Mie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2011, 08:34 AM   #3
janzen
janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'janzen knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

I was just questioning the shape of the item, unnecessarily long, with its four slits on its sides.
Old 08-20-2011, 02:04 PM   #4
Hekse-Mie
Boekenwurm
Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hekse-Mie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Smile

You're right, Hans, it is inconvenient. I prefer a simple usb-cord.

Last edited by Hekse-Mie; 08-21-2011 at 03:37 AM.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:15 AM   #5
janzen

That is why I bought 2 casio E-125 connectors, the only connector as far as i know that fits in the reader.
One I soldered to a short piece of USB cable for connection with my computer,
The other one to a female low voltage power connector to be connected to the power supply cord.
In doing so I do not need that peculiar travel hub any more, except for ethernet connection which I do never use at all.
Advert
Old 08-21-2011, 03:41 AM   #6
Hekse-Mie
Boekenwurm

Thumbs up

That's a nice solution (I'm can't solder though )