Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: July 2011 Mobile Read Book Club Vote
Wicked by Gregory Maguire 8 10.53%
A Discovery of Witches: A Novel by Deborah Harkness 2 2.63%
The Name of the Wind: The Kingkiller Chronicle: Day One by Patrick Rothfuss 17 22.37%
Storm Front: Book one of The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher 11 14.47%
A Game Of Thrones by George R. R. Martin 16 21.05%
The Fairy Godmother (book 1 in Five Hundred Kingdoms series) by Mercedes Lackey 2 2.63%
The Winds of Khalakovo by Bradley P. Beaulieu 2 2.63%
Stardust by Neil Gaiman 10 13.16%
The Voyage of the Minotaur by Wesley Allison 6 7.89%
The Alchemyst: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel, Book 1 by Michael Scott 2 2.63%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #61
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
NotW has been on my TBR list since it came out (it's one of the last books I bought before going all digital [anyone want to buy an autographed copy? ]), but other books keep jumping ahead of it. Maybe this'll finally get me reading it.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 10:29 PM   #62
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Jon...Bob has already told us that he has no problem doing a blind vote, but that the software doesn't support it (as yet). He also offered to talk to the powers that be, to see if it could become an option. I know you want someone to do it manually, but obviously no one is willing or able to take on that responsibility. I am a SAHM (during the summer anyway) but I still wouldn't want to be in charge of keeping a tally; goodness forbid there is a miscount somehow, with neither a fail-safe nor back up.
You need to back off. There are people, like myself, who a agree with the idea, but you have to accept that it is not a possibility at this particular moment in time.
I'm willing to take on a blind vote if Bob agrees with it. But if Bob is not for it or doesn't want to do it, then I guess we are stuck with what we have as flawed as it is.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2011, 06:44 PM   #63
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
So... The Name of the Wind: The Kingkiller Chronicle: Day One by Patrick Rothfuss it is.

Happy reading, everyone!
I'm putting this one on the back burner. Really interesting first chapter, so I decided to look at the rest of the trilogy..the 2nd book is way too expensive (I will not pay $15.00 of an e-book) and the 3rd one is not out yet. So I'm going to wait to see...
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 07:47 PM   #64
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It's an awesome book Nyssa. One of my favourites of 2010.
I own the second one, but haven't scheduled it yet.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #65
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
It's an awesome book Nyssa. One of my favourites of 2010.
I own the second one, but haven't scheduled it yet.
Oh it looks awesome...that's the problem.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #66
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I've started reading it. It is really interesting so far.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:38 PM   #67
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I have it reserved at the library. I think I am 2nd in the reserve list.
Old 07-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #68
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Just bought this... not happy that it's $2 more than the paperback price though.

Will start reading today.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #69
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I might not get a chance to reread Game of Thrones this month, but I would be interesting in participating in a discussion on it.
Yes, perhaps I was being a bit too enthusiastic about it since I have so much on my plate this month. Since no one else responded, I decided to put it off until at least next month. But, I am planning on reading it next month so if anyone else wants to, we can read it at the same time then have a discussion end of next month.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 01:15 PM   #70
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post
Yes, perhaps I was being a bit too enthusiastic about it since I have so much on my plate this month. Since no one else responded, I decided to put it off until at least next month. But, I am planning on reading it next month so if anyone else wants to, we can read it at the same time then have a discussion end of next month.
Sounds like a great idea. I can't wait to read the newest book in the series - I would have liked to reread the series before getting to it, but I won't have the time.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:34 PM   #71
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun surfer View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
I might not get a chance to reread Game of Thrones this month, but I would be interesting in participating in a discussion on it.

Of any interest?

We’re talking with medieval fantasy author George R. R. Martin, the writer behind HBO’s Game of Thrones and the epic series “A Song of Ice and Fire.”
Old 07-12-2011, 03:01 PM   #72
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess

Great link, thanks for posting!
Old 07-19-2011, 11:15 AM   #73
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

So what happened to changing the topic for December since we've decided we don't want classic twice?
Old 07-19-2011, 11:19 AM   #74
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So what happened to changing the topic for December since we've decided we don't want classic twice?
I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure the August nominations are a free-for all.

BOb, have we decided on a December topic?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:50 AM   #75
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure the August nominations are a free-for all.

BOb, have we decided on a December topic?
Have we decided against two classics months?

Perhaps we need nominations and than a poll if December is really unspecified? With the provision that that it not be a repeat of any other month's category? The no category category excepted.

Just curious, is there a current list for this year? Where?