Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #1
Rick1971
cool a zombie!
Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Lenovo a2107a-f, Le PanII, Motorola Xoom FE
Cruz Reader

I just purchased the Cruz Reader
and see how to buy from Borders, so I did set up the wi/fi

it is calibrated, but how can I get mt current books from mt computer to the reader/library?

I want to continue reading my epub books on thr cruz

Last edited by Rick1971; 01-01-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Rick1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
kelliedn
Enthusiast
kelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with otherskelliedn plays well with others

Device: Sony Touch Reader PRS-650
I don't know anything about the Cruz, but is there no USB to connect to your computer.

There is probably a subforum for the Cruz down below that may have your answer...
kelliedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2011, 09:45 PM   #3
Rick1971
cool a zombie!
Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rick1971 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

there is, but it wont inport to the library, at least not the Borders one)
Old 01-02-2011, 11:07 AM   #4
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
I don't have a cruz either, but I do have a Pocketbook IQ which I believe is similar. If you have a USB port, you may have to hook it up and move your books manually where you want them to go. You should be able to use Calibre to do this. I know Calibre recognizes both a Pandigital Novel and my IQ, but I don't know about the Cruz. If Calibre doesn't see the Cruz directly, you can use the Save to Disk function and drill to where you want to put the books on your Cruz. Or you can use Windows Explorer to copy your books from where they are on your PC to where you want them on your Cruz. But a direct import as in click here on your cruz and tell it where the books are and click again to say import these books? I don't know if that's possible.

If all you want is your Borders books, maybe you have to use the Borders application and download directly from their store?
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:10 AM   #5
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Look at the format that the reader can handle, if worse comes to worse you might be forced to import them over the USB.
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2011, 07:04 PM   #6
Rick1971
cool a zombie!

I have sent one there, but i dont have a "library", it sits in the "downloads" folder but I wanted to put them in a library
Old 01-02-2011, 08:31 PM   #7
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
If you connect your cruz to the PC via the USB cable, your PC should see it as a separate drive (or drives if you have an SD card installed). Open these drives (they will look like folders) using Windows Explorer. Windows should do this automatically or at least ask you if you want to open the folder. Create your library folder on your device or on the SD card, if you have one, whichever you prefer. Open the folder where your books are stored on your PC. Copy your book(s) from your PC to the library folder on your cruz. You should be able to create folders within folders, for different genres and authors, for example. You should be able to name these folders anything you want that will help you remember what they are and what they should contain.

You said you sent a book to your device, but it's in a downloads folder. Can you move it to the folder of your choosing? If you use Calibre to send books, you can select where you want to send them by clicking on the little arrow by Save to Disk, selecting Save to Disk in a Single Directory, and then using the menu on the left, find the library folder you want the book to go to. You will have to create a folder called "Library" if one doesn't exist on your device.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote