Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 09-10-2013, 04:48 AM   #1
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
New bookeen reader on the way?

I imagine that bookeen will be bringing out new models shortly, does anyone have any news on this?
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 07:27 AM   #2
owly
Guru
owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.owly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 2, Kobo Aura H2O
They're comming out with a 7 " tablet http://bookeen.com/blog/tag/cybook-tablet/ but no new ereader as far as I can see.
owly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 05:18 AM   #3
Bookripper
Connoisseur
Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too much to remember
I don't understand why the smaller E-reader manufacturers are producing tablets. Who the hell wants to buy a first generation Bookeen-tablet when other, renowned, brands are into their 4th generation of perfectly working tablets?
Fix the weak and crappy software on your existing models first! It's nice if you got an Odyssey that functions well but a lot of them, including mine, are pure rubbish. Cant even use it as a frisbee.
Bookripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 04:50 AM   #4
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Fix the weak and crappy software on your existing models first! It's nice if you got an Odyssey that functions well but a lot of them, including mine, are pure rubbish. Cant even use it as a frisbee.
Crap software ? What problem do you have ?

The hardware, on the other hand, is a casue for trouble.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:19 PM   #5
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, just needed to ask.

Bookeen posted this on facebook :
Quote:
What's coming next from #Bookeen? Find out soon: new product announcement coming this week, stay tuned! #teasing
Old 09-19-2013, 03:28 PM   #6
jlynton
Evangelist
jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jlynton ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Moaan Inkpalm 5.
News:
http://www.the-digital-reader.com/20...-cybook-ocean/
jlynton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
Bookripper
Connoisseur
Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookripper ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too much to remember
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Crap software ? What problem do you have ?

The hardware, on the other hand, is a casue for trouble.
hardware, software... whatever. My Odyssey was crap, that's the point. If it's the hardware, the more shame on them. I already posted a topic about it. I can understand that a lot of users have no problems (so far!) and I wish I was one of them, damn I loved this thing, but it was a piece of ... They had 1 golden idea: allowing to import the tree-structure from explorer. For the rest they are inferior to other brands. They deliver inconsistent build-quality or whatever you wanna call it and their customer service sucks. I'd rather have my neck shaved by Ray Charles than buy another Bookeen product.
Which explains my reaction: Bookeen can't even produce an ereader that works for everyone. It's like the reversed lottery: This one works, the other one bricks after a while, just hope you get lucky... Top tablet brands worldwide are experiencing sales problems because Samsung and Crapple dominate the market, who the heck would buy a ....BOOKEEN Tablet?
Bookripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #8
EowynCarter
Wizard

I had my fair lot of trouble with the odyssey(s), really , asked bookeen, they fixed it.
I'm stubborn, I had paid for something and meant to get a working one. Got the "updating" issue as well, twice. Though the fist time, it somehow revived (couldn't figure out how)

Now mine works all fine. I sure hope that by now, bookeen fixed the problems. But yeah, definitively some quality issue the the odyssey.

The bookeen tablet, it was made as a partnership with relay, to read the magazines from relay. E-reader won't do for reading magazine, hence, tablet.
But yeah, yet an other tablet.

Have you looked at pocketbook lux? Have folder view as far as I know.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 09-26-2013 at 04:31 PM.