Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 02-22-2013, 08:20 AM   #106
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Oh, I have decided to go above and beyond on that point.

Spoiler:
I held off opening it for a couple days so as to work up my nerve for this.
Excellent idea Dylrob (and a fun glimpse of one of your furry friends - hope she's still with us after falling off the bed(?) along with the Onxy packaging .

I haven't received my prize yet - I'll post back once I do.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #107
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Excellent idea Dylrob (and a fun glimpse of one of your furry friends - hope she's still with us after falling off the bed(?) along with the Onxy packaging .

Heh, no worries... She tumbles off the bed all the time. It's not much of a drop and there's carpeting to cushion her fall.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:45 AM   #108
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Apparently you are the first... or maybe just first to mention it.

Congrats again!

BOb
Nope, I mentioned getting mine in another thread under the Kindle subforum some time back. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=203595
So I got it about a month ago today.

Last edited by crich70; 02-22-2013 at 11:00 AM.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #109
Agatha Chicken
Super Star Crime Writer
Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of them!
I'm so happy you all have received your prizes - and are enjoying them! I'll have to start penning more mysteries for you to load on your new toys!
Agatha Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:54 PM   #110
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:

desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 09:12 PM   #111
5thWiggleWife
I’m a Happy Boy!
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 09:01 AM   #112
desertblues
Home for the moment
desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertblues ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: various
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertblues View Post
And here it is, I'm happy to say. It took some time as the first one send got lost in the mail.
It is a Pocketbook Touch 622. As soon as I opened it, it worked well. It has 481 books already in the library, in x-languages, I think from Gutenberg. The reader itself looks good and has a non-slippery backside.
It fits perfectly in my purple wild roses Oberon-cover; I risked an order of a Kindle touch cover for it and it's a perfect fit.
As soon as I've charged the Pocketbook for a couple of hours, I will try all its functions, but I'm confident it will be good.
Thanks again Mobile Read for the interesting wintercontest and the prize.

Last edited by desertblues; 05-06-2015 at 11:22 AM.
desertblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 01:18 PM   #113
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Yay! And that's a beautiful cover for it. Let us know how you like it once you get a chance to play around with it.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:35 AM   #114
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
My kindle has also arrived. I've had it for a little over a week now, and I'm loving it.

It's much easier to read on than my ipad, and it's much lighter too so it's actually possible to hold it and read in bed with it, which is impossible with the ipad.

I've started reading The Chronicles of Narnia now, and will continue reading on the kindle
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:49 AM   #115
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I received an email from Kobo today (from the Director of Product Management, no less) with tracking details for my parcel. As I was looking it up on the DHL site, my doorbell rang. My Kobo Glo has arrived!

I haven't even switched it on yet - thought I'd post the pic first. Initial impressions are:
  • Nice solid rubberised feel
  • Smaller than my Kindle 3
  • Nice and light, easy for reading in bed
Old 03-27-2013, 09:51 PM   #116
5thWiggleWife
I’m a Happy Boy!
5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggleWife ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2017, Acer A500, Kobo Glo, iPad mini
My Kobo Glo also arrived today!

I'm glad this is a long weekend so I can play with my new toy.

5thWiggleWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:17 PM   #117
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
My Kobo Glo arrived yesterday too. Being obsessive, I immediately ripped open the package, threw away the instruction manual, plugged the reader into my computer to begin charging it, and installed Kobo Desktop into my computer. I've since spent a few hours reading the Kobo forums for detailed ideas for best use, learned that I can use my iPhone charger to charge from the mains, and use Calibre to manage and load my books. I've added a dozen or so to the Kobo already just so I could begin 'personalizing' the settings. After reading 30 pages, I have to admit it's a very nice reader! It's not a Sony 505, but it gets the job done! All in all, a nice e-reader to have for my use. Now I have to make a case for it!
Thank you, MobileRead, for having such an enjoyable contest as well as providing such useful prizes!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:24 AM   #118
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Yay, Iznogood, Stitchawl, 5thWiggleWife, and orlok! It's nice to know they arrived. New toys are always fun to get.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:43 PM   #119
Agatha Chicken
Super Star Crime Writer
Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agatha Chicken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of them!
I'm very happy to see you folks have finally received your prizes! Enjoy them! And thanks for solving my murky mystery!
Agatha Chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #120
orlok
Close to the Edit!

And thank you and all the team for a fun competition and a great prize.