Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-08-2007, 04:39 PM   #16
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadrien View Post
The only problem that I have with this menu, is that I don't know how I can create sub-menus. For example instead of displaying Part I and right under Chapter I, it would be much better if Part I acted like a sub-menu with its chapters inside.
Since the links just jumps to file positions it should be possible to just place the sub menues after the the menu and have a pagebreak between them. If mobigen can do this I do not know but it might work with links in the table of content file.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 04:52 PM   #17
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Since the links just jumps to file positions it should be possible to just place the sub menues after the the menu and have a pagebreak between them. If mobigen can do this I do not know but it might work with links in the table of content file.
MobiCreator has specific support for nested toc's. Check the Creator software an emulate the TOC file it generates to learn how this is done.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007, 05:19 PM   #18
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
MobiCreator has specific support for nested toc's. Check the Creator software an emulate the TOC file it generates to learn how this is done.
Since I do not use Windows I cannot do that

But I tested to generate a file just adding a sub TOC after the first and referencing it using the "id" attribute and using my Perl script lit2mobi (http://www.ida.liu.se/~tompe/mobiper...perl-0.0.5.tar) to convert to mobi format and it worked OK on my Cybook. You get the sub TOCs on different pages that are in the end of the book but that is a feature since it is sometimes faster to just go some pages forward than choose someting in the TOC.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote