Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-07-2007, 01:14 PM   #16
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwit View Post
I have purchased a couple of computer reference books for the Kindle and I've found that in most cases the figures and tables are so small they are unreadable. The Kindle really needs a zoom feature.

Bob
Chances are that's the size of the images and in that case, zoom may not make them any easier to see as they'd get fuzzy when zooming in.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 02:29 PM   #17
rflashman
Zealot
rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rflashman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle, Archos 605 Wifi, & Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Chances are that's the size of the images and in that case, zoom may not make them any easier to see as they'd get fuzzy when zooming in.
I disagree, zoom works quite nicely on the Sony Reader (but not available for PDF files sadly) and I think many articles/newspapers/books would greatly benefit from being able to select an image/illustration and zoom it to screen size.
rflashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 03:28 PM   #18
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by rflashman View Post
I think many articles/newspapers/books would greatly benefit from being able to select an image/illustration and zoom it to screen size.
This is yet anther option that is available in some versions of MobiPocket Reader, but not in the Java-based Reader (iLiad and Kindle).
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:07 PM   #19
bwit
Huh?
bwit doesn't litterbwit doesn't litterbwit doesn't litter

Device: Amazon Kindle
Quote:
I can't say what the resolution of the images in Kindle books are. My point was that in the paper version of the books the figures and tables are very readable, in the Kindle version they are not. Reference and textbooks tend to have a lot of figures and tables which makes them very hard to read on a Kindle.

Bob
bwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:10 PM   #20
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If the images are not good enough, why bother? Images are rather important for text books overall.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 05:15 PM   #21
bwit
Huh?
bwit doesn't litterbwit doesn't litterbwit doesn't litter

Device: Amazon Kindle
Quote:
If the images are not good enough, why bother? Images are rather important for text books overall.
Attached is an example of what I'm talking about. Trust me, the data in this table is no more readable in person than in this photo.

Bob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG1879.JPG
Views:	443
Size:	979.2 KB
ID:	7622  
bwit is offline   Reply With Quote