Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-22-2010, 12:09 AM   #31
Stonecold
Connoisseur
Stonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3 (B006)
My blog gives instructions on how to do things like win at Kindle's built-in GoMoku 100% of the time.
[Shortened URL deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-09-2014 at 07:38 AM.
Stonecold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 12:26 AM   #32
Stonecold
Connoisseur
Stonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enoughStonecold will become famous soon enough

The Cleverbot AI also works remarkably well on Kindle 3 (not so much on Kindle 2). But note that you have to use proper punctuations and avoid thos nastee tyipos,. If you don't, Cleverbot will get confused.
http://www.cleverbot.com/
Advert
Old 10-24-2010, 11:27 PM   #33
cuteseal
Enthusiast
cuteseal doesn't littercuteseal doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
http://www.bookhoot.com - Ebook and Ereader news all in one place.
cuteseal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 11:58 PM   #34
Stonecold
Connoisseur

http://ireaderreview.com/

http://asiteaboutnothing.net/kindle

I have a totally unrelated question. What is Karma?

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 11-09-2014 at 07:39 AM.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:28 PM   #35
baccilus
Enthusiast
baccilus began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonecold View Post
I have a totally unrelated question. What is Karma?
In short, it means you will reap what you sow. In our country, the law of karma is considered unbreakable.
baccilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2010, 12:43 PM   #36
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Click on my link, stonecold.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 02:09 PM   #37
Nathan Campos
Groupie
Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX & Kindle (2011)
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post

Calibre Software
and the Calibre Forum on MobileRead (ebook management software created by a MR member, it also allows you to create your own newspapers for free from RSS feeds).
That's what I can find on my laptop for now. As I run across more I will post them and hope all of you reading will do the same.
Which one is the best to convert PDFs and CHMs to Kindle format?
Nathan Campos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:13 PM   #38
Fade to Black
Fade to Black began at the beginning.

amazing board and thread, thanks!
Fade to Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:30 PM   #39
jerrykid
jerrykid began at the beginning.

kindlemap.net is awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iozy View Post
http://kindlemap.net/

apologies if this has been mentioned before?
Kindlemap.net is totally awesome!! I hadn't seen this before - thanks!
jerrykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 01:21 PM   #40
r--t*nix
r--t*nix doesn't litterr--t*nix doesn't litter

Device: kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Campos View Post
Which one is the best to convert PDFs and CHMs to Kindle format?
you can also use amazon to convert pdfs for you. if you use the username@free.kindle.com
and just put "convert" in the title they will convert it to amazon format for you and all you need to do is be connected to wifi for it to sync after it is converted.

they did a lot better at converting a double column pdf i had.
r--t*nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:34 PM   #41
MissileTech
MissileTech began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
KindleBoards.com - Another very active Kindle board.

Reversing Everything - MobileRead member igorsk dissects the software and hardware of Kindle 1 and Kindle 2.

Massively Parallel Procrastination - Jesse Vincent's blog on the creation of Savory for Kindle 2 and various other projects

iReaderReview - switch11's very prolific blog (a personal favorite).

Kindle Forum, Kindle Social Network - a Kindle Social Networking site.

Kindle Formatting - Joshua Tallent's site on how to best format your ebook for the Kindle. He also offers formatting services.

The Kindle Chronicles - Len Edgerly's weekly podcast. Interviews, tips and tricks. Can be subscribed to via iTunes or downloaded directly from the website (and you can listen to it on your Kindle!)

The three blogs that I check daily are:

Amazon's Kindle Blog -- this is the same as the "Kindle Daily Post" item in the Kindle Storefront page in the Kindle itself. Using my browser means I don't have to turn on the Kindle's antenna just to see what Amazon might be promoting.

The Kindle Reader -- an almost daily posting with links to books for the Kindle. Most links are to Amazon, but sometimes to MobileRead or other sources for books.

Books on the Knob -- the site says "Bargain reads, book reviews, the Amazon Kindle and some games, technology and computers tossed in now and then."
The link for "Amazon's Kindle Blog" is dead. Being a newbie do you have an updated link? Take care.
MissileTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:24 PM   #42
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Kindle Daily Post
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 03:18 PM   #43
KindleLinks
KindleLinks began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiadi View Post
Looks promising but how could one pan the map to view other areas (i.e. move the map around)?
I use kindlemap.net a lot on my Kindle 2. It has a section with buttons for all the navigation stuff, and it puts the google map inside that so you can use it. One day at work I was showing it to someone who had a Kindle 3, and the whole navigation section is missing on the Kindle 3. We could not figure out how to navigate it on the Kindle 3 without that navigation section showing up. Hopefully someone can figure out why.

Getting zoomed sat images on the free kindle browser is a killer app.
KindleLinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:29 AM   #44
infernosian
infernosian began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Some computing ebooks in pdf and other formats...
http://phoenixalley.com/ebooks/

Some Chinese ebooks in pdf formats
http://iask.sina.com.cn/u/1727343325/
infernosian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:33 AM   #45
Wild Rat
Wild Rat began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle 3 WiFi+3G
Online games. Works good on Kindle
Wild Rat is offline   Reply With Quote