Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-15-2018, 11:13 AM   #1
BishopLuc
BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Device: none
Question What are the chances of Oasis 2 having red lights?

Hi,

I'm asking because I just learned that the Kindle (no light) and the Oasis 1 didn't have Audible support at launch and only got it after almost 2 years with an update. With the PW4 (hopefully) launching this week, if it got a form of bluelight filter option, will Amazon:

a.) Release a new Oasis to match this
b.) Let the Paperwhite have it even if its flagship doesn't have it
c.) Push an update to the Oasis 2 to activate a form of bluelight filter because they've secretly hidden this feature in the hardware but for some reason wasn't able to implement at the beginning just like the Kindle No Light and Oasis 1 in terms of Audible support?

EDIT:
I seem unclear so I edited the post.

Last edited by BishopLuc; 10-15-2018 at 11:44 AM.
BishopLuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:34 AM   #2
Futuregrace
Zealot
Futuregrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterFuturegrace can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2019, iPad Pro 11, Voyage
Lights are a hardware issue, can’t do it by software update.
Futuregrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2018, 11:36 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopLuc View Post
Hi,

I'm asking because I just learned that the Kindle (no light) and the Oasis 1 didn't have Audible support at launch and only got it after almost 2 years with an update. With the PW4 (hopefully) launching this week, if it got a form of bluelight filter option, will Amazon release a new Oasis to match this, let the Paperwhite have it even if its flagship doesn't have it, or just push an update to the Oasis 2 to activate a form of bluelight filter?
You mean Oasis 3, not two.

I think it's pretty likely that future Kindles will have a color-shifting frontlight.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 11:41 AM   #4
BishopLuc
BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.BishopLuc calls his or her ebook reader Vera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuregrace View Post
Lights are a hardware issue, can’t do it by software update.
Yes, sorry I wasn't clear. I know that. But as I've said, the Kindle (no light) and the Oasis 1 had that hardware capability but it laid dormant for almost 2 years.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:42 AM   #5
BishopLuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
You mean Oasis 3, not two.

I think it's pretty likely that future Kindles will have a color-shifting frontlight.
I really meant Oasis 2.
Advert
Old 10-15-2018, 11:55 AM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I really meant Oasis 2.
If last year's Oasis had a color-changing frontlight, someone would have found the LEDs by now.

Remember, we knew the first Oasis had BT because someone ripped it apart and checked.We would have heard if someone had found color-LEDs in the O2.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:09 PM   #7
BishopLuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
If last year's Oasis had a color-changing frontlight, someone would have found the LEDs by now.

Remember, we knew the first Oasis had BT because someone ripped it apart and checked.We would have heard if someone had found color-LEDs in the O2.
Yeah, that's true. So nobody found in any tear downs? The thing is, is it possible for a led light to have multiple color functions and maybe they never found out because the leds are off in the teardown? I'm just having wishful thinking, obviously. LOL
Old 10-15-2018, 12:32 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Yeah, that's true. So nobody found in any tear downs? The thing is, is it possible for a led light to have multiple color functions and maybe they never found out because the leds are off in the teardown? I'm just having wishful thinking, obviously. LOL
The software would have to support color changing LEDs and it doesn't. Do you really think Amazon is stupid enough to put in color changing LEDs and not support them?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 01:10 PM   #9
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
The only teardown I've read about was destructive, so teardowns for it probably will be rare.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:48 PM   #10
BishopLuc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The software would have to support color changing LEDs and it doesn't. Do you really think Amazon is stupid enough to put in color changing LEDs and not support them?
Well, they were 'stupid enough' to include Bluetooth Support to the Oasis 1 on launch, but never activated Audible Support until early this year?
Old 10-15-2018, 06:27 PM   #11
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
You mean the orange hue like on the nook? I would like that on the next paperwhite or Oasis.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:17 PM   #12
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
You mean the orange hue like on the nook? I would like that on the next paperwhite or Oasis.
yes, that
Old 10-22-2018, 06:31 PM   #13
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
One thing I like about my Nook Glowlight is the orange hue for night reading.

Fire tablets have it on the dropdown top of screen
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:03 PM   #14
bozza111
Connoisseur
bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.bozza111 knows the square root of minus one.

Device: KOA2
Oasis you don't have to put on the red-light. Oasssiss
bozza111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 07:29 PM   #15
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
If only they'd renamed the Paperwhite 4 to something like Paperwhite Natural and given it the option of warm light! If they had done this, I'd snap it up. As it is I'm seriously considering abandoning kindles for Kobo, or even Pocketbook.

bozza111: Polease don't make me laugh at this time of night!

Last edited by BookCat; 10-23-2018 at 07:33 PM. Reason: bad joke
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, oasis 2017