Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-15-2018, 03:56 PM   #91
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I don’t have much interest in ‘smart home’ applications, or in ordering stuff from Amazon by voice. <snip> I don’t really see what their vision around this is...
Mainly the bit I've bolded, at a rough guess.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 08:16 AM   #92
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
New thread: This is the new Kindle Paperwhite 4
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2018, 02:46 PM   #93
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Now that they have released the pre-order for the new paperwhite, I am disappointed.

I would have loved the 7" paperwhite, and they were already using the screen on the oasis.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 03:27 PM   #94
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
My Waterproofing wish came true!
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 10:34 PM   #95
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
As I already have both the Voyage and the Oasis, nothing interesting for me either. The new homepage might be good, or not, it remains to be seen.

My bank account is ecstatic, of course. The poor thing has lived in constant fear and anxiety these past weeks.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2018, 07:29 AM   #96
SpencerT
SpencerT began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
What would be the benefit of that? What would it be used for?
Uploading your own or other geospatial PDFs for use as a low power navigation device that is visible in daylight for easy visibility while driving.

With waterproofing it would be the ideal outdoor fishing, hiking, or camping companion. Other devices simply drain too much battery and are not waterproof. Since Paperwhite is now waterproof, they are one step closer to that ideal.

Others hack in and connect an external GPS, but the power gets drained quickly, plus its one other device to try and manage.

Soon, color Eink devices will do this and replace other GPS navigation device screens for in car use.
SpencerT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 07:46 AM   #97
SpencerT
SpencerT began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerT View Post
Uploading your own or other geospatial PDFs for use as a low power navigation device that is visible in daylight for easy visibility while driving.

With waterproofing it would be the ideal outdoor fishing, hiking, or camping companion. Other devices simply drain too much battery and are not waterproof. Since Paperwhite is now waterproof, they are one step closer to that ideal.

Others hack in and connect an external GPS, but the power gets drained quickly, plus its one other device to try and manage.

Soon, color Eink devices will do this and replace other GPS navigation device screens for in car use.

An official wishlist would be the color Eink, but I'm confident that is coming. They are already shipping the screens. - Think of all the magazines. Or even as a rotating picture frame for you or desk when not reading.
SpencerT is offline   Reply With Quote