Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-22-2016, 06:34 PM   #31
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Updated to v0.3.1 in the first post.

Changes are mostly cosmetic, but they include:
- update to make use of Sigil's upcoming autostart/autoclose feature for plugins
- files selected in Book Browser are pre-selected in plugin widget
- add update check for plugin
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2016, 09:04 PM   #32
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well so much for that update!

Reverting back to v0.3.0 until I work out a module dependency issue.

Sorry for any confusion.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 01-22-2016 at 09:40 PM.
Advert
Old 01-23-2016, 10:43 AM   #33
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

New version 0.3.2 in the the first post.
(replaces faulty v0.3.1)
Old 03-16-2016, 10:58 PM   #34
bookman156
Addict
bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
This is a great plugin. Works wonderfully.

I have only discovered, so far, one instance where it doesn't work, in map coordinates, which I expected and went back to correct to a prime, eg: 51° 28′ 38″ N

I was wondering whether it might not be a good idea to compile a list of instances like this where this plugin needs to be cleaned up after, so one can make an effort to find such things.

Any others to add to the list?
bookman156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 01:31 AM   #35
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

IIRC imperial inch and foot should be designated by double and single prime respectively, although they're most often represented as straight single and double quote, or increasingly 'in' and 'ft'.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2016, 12:56 PM   #36
bookman156
Addict
bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It occurs to me that one can 'clean up' before running this plugin. If I change to a prime in a coordinate first, then the prime will be left untouched when I run the plugin. Similarly for any other candidates for the single and double prime symbol, such as Imperial feet and inches.

Useful compendium of prime uses:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_(symbol)

Last edited by bookman156; 03-17-2016 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-17-2016, 03:50 PM   #37
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookman156 View Post
It occurs to me that one can 'clean up' before running this plugin.
via saved search(es)

psst: your Wikip link is 'broken' should be - Prime (symbol)

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 03-17-2016 at 03:56 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 11:51 PM   #38
bookman156
Addict

What would be a handy addition to this plugin would be the ability to replace a hyphen in date ranges with an en dash, as in for example: 1921-1985.

Presumably something could be written that recognises that it is numbers on either side of the hyphen and not letters as in a hyphenated word?

Last edited by bookman156; 03-18-2016 at 01:18 AM.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:18 AM   #39
bookman156
Addict

This would also be useful to change from hyphen to en dash in page rages: pp 94-96.

http://www.thepunctuationguide.com/en-dash.html

That would be such a useful ability to have in the book I'm editing now. Currently I'm planning to replace them manually, hundreds of the damn things, so if anyone has any idea of how to do it easier I'd love to hear. (Although I'll probably just be satisfied with the hyphen until I can work out a way not to have to do it manually.)

Last edited by bookman156; 03-18-2016 at 01:30 AM.
Old 03-18-2016, 08:24 AM   #40
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I've bent and twisted the SmartyPants algorithm was far as I'm willing to. Every new addition seems to come at the cost of breaking something else at this point.
Old 03-18-2016, 09:20 AM   #41
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
What would be a handy addition to this plugin would be the ability to replace a hyphen in date ranges with an en dash, as in for example: 1921-1985.
Quote:
This would also be useful to change from hyphen to en dash in page rages: pp 94-96.
@bookman156: Since Sigil supports regular expressions, you could fix both issues with a simple regex search:

4-digit date ranges:

Find:(\d{4})-(\d{4})
Replace:\1–\2

Page numbers:

Find:pp (\d+)-(\d+)
Replace:pp \1–\2

There's also a Sigil regex thread.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:41 AM   #42
bookman156
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
@bookman156: Since Sigil supports regular expressions, you could fix both issues with a simple regex search
Fascinating. Thanks! I'll try that out.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:55 AM   #43
bookman156
Addict

I guess I could do any number range, page numbers and dates and whatever else, with:

Find: (\d+)-(\d+)
Replace: \1–\2

Then I'd only have to find things like BC years.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:34 PM   #44
bookman156
Addict

Works a treat!

And I don't have to find BC years either because they would be in the form: 722-481BC

Although 2BC-AD5 would require some effort.

Last edited by bookman156; 03-18-2016 at 01:02 PM.
Old 03-18-2016, 01:27 PM   #45
bookman156
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
I've bent and twisted the SmartyPants algorithm was far as I'm willing to. Every new addition seems to come at the cost of breaking something else at this point.
Yes, best not to fix what isn't broken, and, luckily, no need to anyway now I've discovered the joy of regex.