Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-06-2011, 11:29 AM   #16
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noughty View Post
I think the short cut for bookmarking would be very useful
I tried to find one yesterday and I don't think there is one.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:46 AM   #17
Homsa
Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Pocketbook 302, iPad, Kindle3, Sony 650, Kindle4 NT
Good day,

Found today on Amazon Kindle support page - shortcuts for faster typing with on-screen keyboard:

- Action - Shortcut Key

Capitalize one letter: Navigate to the letter and press the Keyboard button and the 5- way controller at the same time.

Jump 7 letters: With the onscreen keyboard open, simultaneously press the Keyboard button and right or left using the 5-way controller.

Delete: With the onscreen keyboard open, *simultaneously press the keyboard button and the Previous Page button on the right side of your Kindle.

Space: With the onscreen keyboard open,* simultaneously press the keyboard button and the Next Page button on the right side of your Kindle.

Cursor right: With the onscreen keyboard open, simultaneously press the keyboard button and the Next Page button on the left side of your Kindle.

Cursor left: With the onscreen keyboard open, simultaneously press the keyboard button and the Previous Page button on the left side of your Kindle.

My note: press and hold Keybord button and then press second assigned key or button.

Last edited by Homsa; 10-06-2011 at 11:49 AM.
Homsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homsa View Post
Good day,

Found today on Amazon Kindle support page - shortcuts for faster typing with on-screen keyboard:

- Action - Shortcut Key

Capitalize one letter: Navigate to the letter and press the Keyboard button and the 5- way controller at the same time.

Jump 7 letters: With the onscreen keyboard open, simultaneously press the Keyboard button and right or left using the 5-way controller.

Delete: With the onscreen keyboard open, *simultaneously press the keyboard button and the Previous Page button on the right side of your Kindle.

Space: With the onscreen keyboard open,* simultaneously press the keyboard button and the Next Page button on the right side of your Kindle.

Cursor right: With the onscreen keyboard open, simultaneously press the keyboard button and the Next Page button on the left side of your Kindle.

Cursor left: With the onscreen keyboard open, simultaneously press the keyboard button and the Previous Page button on the left side of your Kindle.

My note: press and hold Keybord button and then press second assigned key or button.
The delete one is what I been trying to figure out! Glad to know it's there now!
Old 10-06-2011, 12:02 PM   #19
Homsa
Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.Homsa knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Pocketbook 302, iPad, Kindle3, Sony 650, Kindle4 NT
I was so glad to found out those shortcuts today, my typing speed now is 5 times faster
Homsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:41 PM   #20
xari
Kindle Obsessed.
xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.xari got an A in P-Chem.

Device: K3, K4, Kindle Fire.
Quote:
Good day,

- Action - Shortcut Key

<snip>
Niiiiiiiiiiiiice! Thanks for sharing those!!!
xari is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2011, 04:22 PM   #21
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Good day,

- Action - Shortcut Key

Good find, and your note at the bottom is spot on! Thanks!

I tried some of the shortcuts a couple of days ago as we discovered them and the "simultaneously" instruction Amazon uses simply doesn't work. You have to press and hold the Keyboard button first then press the other button. So I added these shortcuts to the first post of the thread and re-worded Amazon's wording to better fit the actual actions.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:05 PM   #22
tigrektm
tigrektm began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT (Non-Touch)
Does anybody know how to zoom on the image viwer?
tigrektm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 11:00 PM   #23
jondelfin
Enthusiast
jondelfin will become famous soon enoughjondelfin will become famous soon enoughjondelfin will become famous soon enoughjondelfin will become famous soon enoughjondelfin will become famous soon enoughjondelfin will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 2, 3, 4T
Wow - just think in reading game of thrones on the touch version i could have had 1000 instances where i had to lift my finger/thumb and run it across the screen. How could i possible resist that?
jondelfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:07 AM   #24
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
These keyboard shortcuts are cool.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:31 AM   #25
emellaich
Wizard
emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.emellaich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm>Ebookman>IPaq>Axim>Cybook>Kndl2>IPAD>Kndl3SO>Voyager>Oasis
I don't have a K4, but someone who does may want to bundle up these tips and make them into a "book" for your Kindle. Write them up in word and save them as a text file or use Calibre or Amazon email to convert to mobi. Then attach the book to this thread.
emellaich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #26
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
I don't have a K4, but someone who does may want to bundle up these tips and make them into a "book" for your Kindle. Write them up in word and save them as a text file or use Calibre or Amazon email to convert to mobi. Then attach the book to this thread.
Good idea for two reasons:

1. The provided user manual is terrible for the K4.

2. The moderators won't turn this thread into a sticky.

I'll try to get this eBook of K4 Tips posted today.

Thanks for the idea!
Old 10-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #27
jswinden
Nameless Being

These tips now available as a mobi eBook

A mobi eBook of these tips is now available and may be freely distributed. I attached the book to the first post in this thread.

I gave all you guys (collectively) credit for the tips.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	k4-tips-cover.png
Views:	1979
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	77626  

Last edited by jswinden; 10-11-2011 at 02:33 PM.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:40 PM   #28
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
A mobi eBook of these tips is now available and may be freely distributed. I attached the book to the first post in this thread.

You did a great job! I'm adding it to my K4PC for reference
Old 10-11-2011, 03:02 PM   #29
Zeebra
Evangelist
Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zeebra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post

Nice job Jack, a handy guide to have until we all memorize the shortcuts.
Zeebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:26 PM   #30
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Image files need to be 800x600 or less? that has never been the case before. Larger images could be zoomed and panned. Are there Menu or other options ('text') for the viewer as before?
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote