Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-14-2018, 05:07 PM   #1
blackjackel
blackjackel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
Need to know how Kindle paperwhites update! Especially on 5.8.7.0.1 or below!

So I've begun the quest for a kindle paperwhite on a jailbreakable firmware. I'm going to be scouring craigslist but I need to know how to protect any potential Paperwhite 3 from getting it's firmware automatically updated...

Does anyone know if the firmware where the third digit is 7 or lower (example 5.8.7.0.1).... will update automatically?

This way, if it does update automatically over the air I can ask the people on craigslist to disconnect their router and check the firmware version in a bathroom with no 3g signal so that the firmware doesn't update.
blackjackel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 05:33 PM   #2
blackjackel
blackjackel began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 3
so I've learned its possible to put the kindle on airplane mode to stop it from updating, still interested to know if automatic updates are enabled for older jailbreakable kindles
blackjackel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 06:01 PM   #3
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Go to the URL below, then read about update.bin.tmp.partial

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/5_x_Jailbreak

Just about every Kindle firmware for years will try to automatically update.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote