Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-05-2018, 04:06 PM   #1
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Help with search query; excluding books with a single format

Hi. I've been lurking here for a little while and been a happy user of Calibre since 2013 but only just now registered. I've started using Calibre to catalog my physical books (couldn't find a satisfactory solution for a while, thought "I wish there was something like Calibre for paper books...wait..."), using dummy.paperbook files so they appear in the format category.

I've created a virtual library for the physical books, using the search query "formats:#=1 and formats : paperbook" for the Paper Books sublibrary.

The problem, though, lies in the default virtual library (which already excludes a specific tag). I'd like to exclude books that have only a paperbook format. A simple "not formats : paperbook" doesn't work as I have books with both physical and digital formats that I do want to appear. Can't quite figure out how to accomplish this.
Things I've tried:
"formats : paperbook AND formats:epub" for each different format - rather unwieldy
"formats : paperbook AND formats:#=2" only works for books with two formats
(both of those resulted in every other book getting excluded as well)

I hope someone here may be able to help with this.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-05-2018 at 04:27 PM.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 04:40 PM   #2
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
This is just a guess, but try this:

not formats:#=1 or not formats : paperbook

If I remember my rules of logic correctly, this is the equivalent of wrapping a "not" around your physical books filter. Any book that doesn't have a paperbook format, as well as any book that has multiple formats, will pass. Therefore, it will only exclude those that have a single format that's paperbook.
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 04:45 PM   #3
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I tried that. It works perfectly. Thank you so much.

EDIT: It broke my previous tag restriction, but I got around that by adding your query as a saved search and using the Additional Restrictions.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 10-05-2018 at 05:12 PM.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:23 PM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Okay, sorry for bumping this, but I noticed that every time I launch Calibre, the additional restriction gets reset.

So is there either a way to make the additional restrictions persist, or a way to make this work?

not tags:"=.Fanfiction" and/or not formats:#=1 or not formats : paperbook

I've tried both and and or and in both cases the stuff tagged as Fanfiction continues to appear.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:46 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
formats is an EBOOK format (from the pulldown in the MDE).
in addition the 2 Logical: true and false
and the count

'paperback' would be a tag
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:25 PM   #6
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I actually figured it out between posting it and returning here. I just had to use parentheses, as such:

(not tags:"=.Fanfiction") and (not formats:#=1 or not formats : paperbook)

I'm a little slow, I'm afraid.