Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 05:45 PM   #61
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
PM sent.
Old 01-20-2018, 05:32 PM   #62
Matilda00
Matilda00 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFi N647
Hello,

After desperately searching the internet to fix a bricked N647, it has lead me here and specifically to davidfor ...can you help l with a microsd image please?
Old 01-20-2018, 07:06 PM   #63
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM sent.
Old 01-26-2018, 05:49 AM   #64
artukas613
artukas613 began at the beginning.

Device: N647
N647, same problem. Thanks in advance
Old 01-26-2018, 07:51 PM   #65
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by artukas613 View Post
N647, same problem. Thanks in advance
You need to have PMs enabled for me to send you the link. This is in the User CP on the options page. There should be "Private Messaging" options in the "Messaging & Notification" section.
Old 01-27-2018, 02:16 PM   #66
artukas613
artukas613 began at the beginning.

Device: N647
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There should be "Private Messaging" options in the "Messaging & Notification" section.
No such thing, probably i'm too new.
No offense, why this "pm" business? Why not post link to some repository for everyone.
Regards,
Old 01-27-2018, 07:40 PM   #67
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by artukas613 View Post
No such thing, probably i'm too new.
No offense, why this "pm" business? Why not post link to some repository for everyone.
Because the image contains proprietary software. As such, posting it in a public place would be breaking copyright and probably other laws. Posting a link privately is a legally bit iffy, but, it is only sent to people on request, to fix devices they own, so I don't think it is to bad. But, if I get a complaint, I will have to reconsider this.
Old 01-27-2018, 10:51 PM   #68
milton_waddams
milton_waddams began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wifi
Firmware Request

Greetings,
Would it be possible to obtain a link to the Kobo WiFi N647 firmware image for the microSD card?
Thanks!

(Sorry if this is a duplicate request - I am not sure what happened to my previous attempt at this.)
Old 01-27-2018, 11:31 PM   #69
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.

Your other request was a Visitor Message. That's the worst way to contact me as I never notice them.

For anyone who wants an image, please post a request in the appropriate thread for your device. The threads are the best method to contact me. The other methods are not faster.
Old 01-29-2018, 11:54 PM   #70
milton_waddams
milton_waddams began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo wifi
Thanks for the link!

Thanks for the firmware link and sorry about the visitor message; I thought I was posting in the thread and somehow messed up.
Old 01-31-2018, 02:43 PM   #71
xunil
xunil began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Firmware/SD Card image required

Hello. I am in need of SD Card image for the KOBO N647 and N416. Trying to revive a couple of old readers. Thanks.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:39 PM   #72
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xunil View Post
Hello. I am in need of SD Card image for the KOBO N647 and N416. Trying to revive a couple of old readers. Thanks.
I have sent you a PM with the link for the N647 image. I don't have an image for the N416.
Old 02-26-2018, 04:41 AM   #73
Cat123
Cat123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFI
Hi Davidor, I have the same Problem. I need the link for the N647 to fix my reader. I´m hopeful that you can help me out?
Old 02-26-2018, 06:03 AM   #74
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

PM sent.
Old 02-27-2018, 03:34 AM   #75
Cat123
Cat123 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo WiFI
Hey Davidfor, thank you for sending the image link. But it doesn´t work at all. Is it possible that I need another version? I saw on my reader the model N647b. My Computer told me, that the original SD card is too small, so I took a bigger one. Maby that´s the problem?

Last edited by Cat123; 02-27-2018 at 03:37 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
help needed, image, kobo, kobo firmware, kobo wifi