Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-07-2018, 06:28 PM   #1
House923
House923 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle+Kobo
Very New - Question About Series

Hello.

I have just gotten Calibre setup, and I basically have everything how I want except for one thing.

What I'd like is for each series of books to be a category, and you have to click that series to see all the books within it, on the actual device that you're reading on.

So for example, I have the Wheel of Time series, and I have them both tagged as Wheel of Time as well as their series (with proper numbering) as Wheel of Time. But I can't find any option to just display all books under Wheel of Time, and then clicking into it would show all fifteen books within that series.

I tried reading some forum posts, and it seems like I have to do something with the hierarchy settings, but I just can't figure out what that would be.

Any help, or even a link to an existing thread, would help immensely. Thank you!
House923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:28 PM   #2
yonkyunior
Cultivator
yonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litteryonkyunior doesn't litter

Device: PRST2
if you had the series filled in, then on the device/any reader app, then you can browse by series. is it?

epubmerge the whole series, then u can click and it will show all the books. like that?
yonkyunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2018, 08:07 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The DEVICE needs a way of supporting (calibre) series.
Series is not a DC (dublin core) metadata value

I create a 'collection' on my K4nt using the Kindle Collections plugin. Unfortunate (for us), these device manufacturers do everything in their power to thwart users making up for limitations.

If you have a Android or IOS device, Calibre Companion (next forum down) is well integrated with Calibre and makes use of Calibre's metadate.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 01:07 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
As you list a Kobo device...

For the Kobo device, you can create collections for each series. This gets done through the KoboTouch driver. Once done, on the device, you open the collections list, find the collection for the series and open that. The Kobo device also shows the series info in the library list. The KoboTouch driver can populate this in the database. On the device, you can sort the library lists by series or search for them.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote