Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-12-2018, 01:52 PM   #1936
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@pewpawpew: You also failed to notice that this specific issue is addressed in the first post .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 02:03 PM   #1937
pewpawpew
pewpawpew began at the beginning.

Device: pw3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@pewpawpew: You also failed to notice that this specific issue is addressed in the first post .
oh i did indeed >.>
pewpawpew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 10:28 AM   #1938
yipman54
yipman54 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Oasis
I just jailbroken my KO and prefix is G0B0GT, I just got “destorying package” during installation. Is it possible to fix? Apologies for my poor english again. Thanks so much.
yipman54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 11:20 AM   #1939
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@yipman54: Oops, not used to KUAL being a Booklet and needing a package to be installed, so I'd forgotten to re-package it.

I've just updated the Snapshots, it should now work properly . (I've also updated the coplate variant package).
Old 07-06-2018, 03:25 PM   #1940
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
- - - -
I've also updated the coplate variant package.
Can the coplate packages still be installed with UYK and/or by rebooting?

That was their most often use - to 'fix' things when all that was left was are signing certificate.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 04:53 PM   #1941
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@knc1: Not this one, IIRC, because that's also what made it FW-dependent (in my case) (c.f., my PM about the hotfix packaging details).

I'm going with hotfix + ";mrpi" (i.e., the bridge dispatch) as the way to fix that, in the unfortunate event (it takes quite a bit of effort, in a specific order) that happens .

EDIT: Wait, I meant the patched KUALBooklet package specifically, not @coplate's full series of nomax packages .

Those are also built with every unknown device IDs baked in, IIRC, so they don't need repackaging, ever (almost).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 07-06-2018 at 04:56 PM.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:53 AM   #1942
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
- - - - -
EDIT: Wait, I meant the patched KUALBooklet package specifically, not @coplate's full series of nomax packages .

Those are also built with every unknown device IDs baked in, IIRC, so they don't need repackaging, ever (almost).
It was the "nomax" packages that I intended to ask about.
No changes there, then I don't have to change what/when I tell people to use them.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:27 AM   #1943
Cacofiend
Cacofiend began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
I haven't updated kindle or kual in 2 years. Finally I updated to the latest firmware today and my old kual works. I wonder how to update it though?

Putting any update_stuff.bin file in the root folder results in the file getting deleted, but nothing happens and the "update" button in the official kindle menus is greyed out.

Should I put the .bin inside mrpackages and update through KUAL's menu? Is it ok?
Cacofiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 05:06 AM   #1944
Antinoos
Groupie
Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!Antinoos rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: PW3, KT3 (fw 5.8.11 with jb)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacofiend View Post
Should I put the .bin inside mrpackages and update through KUAL's menu? Is it ok?
The first step is correct. But you should better use ";log mrpi" searchbar command instead.
Antinoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:15 AM   #1945
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Cacofiend: Yes, given the timeline you mentioned, you probably jumped straight from a FW where UYK was usable to one where it's no longer as easy . So, yeah, MRPI is the way to go.

@Antinoos: That's usually if your KUAL is down, you need the Booklet version, and you want to reinstall it. (Or if you really like search bar commands, I guess ;D).
In this case, the point is moot, because there's a bug which may prevent ;mrpi to work with certain bridge/MRPI combos (namely, old bridge, newish MRPI), and, given the timeline, it's quite probable that'd be the case here. (It works perfectly fine if everything's up to date).
Old 07-18-2018, 08:28 PM   #1946
dantopa
dantopa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Hi, I have the latest 5.9.6.1 firmware on kindle pw3. I am jailbroken, but the latest update broked kual. I installed the bin of kual via ";log mrpi", it says that is was installed fine, but when the ui is restarted the kual booklet never appears. It's showing the old kual booklet that doesn't works, but I don't know how to make it work again. Maybe you can help me, thanks.
dantopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:54 PM   #1947
NiLuJe
BLAM!

There's nothing in the UI for the Booklet version, it picks up any file ending in .kual as a trigger to launch KUAL. We just happen to drop a kual.kual into documents during the setup.

So, figure out what you were using before, if it was indeed the Booklet or the Kindlet version, and then check the logs or try the patched Booklet build.
Old 07-22-2018, 03:43 PM   #1948
dantopa
dantopa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Hi NiLuJe, thanks for the reply. I finally figured out the problem, for some rare reason, kindle was not adding any book that I have added from my PC. I changed the name from KUAL.kual to LauncherKual.kual, reseted Kindle and synced, then the latest added books started to show up, including LauncherKual that indeed launches kual.

Thanks!
dantopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:16 AM   #1949
lelukas
lelukas began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Hi, after the last update of my Kindle Paperwhite, KUAL stopped working. I reinstalled it using its the install .bin file and repasting its .az2 book. its working again, but now I had two entries of KUAL in my library, the new one and the previous one that doesnt work. How can I get rid of the non working entry?

I tried using the uninstall .bin file with no luck
lelukas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:06 AM   #1950
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@lelukas: short answer: no, you can't. Long answer: see the FAQ.

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, kual, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, sqlite, unified