Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-13-2018, 05:14 AM   #1
Kimi3013
Kimi3013 began at the beginning.

Device: N/A
Collections not showing content when sorted by title

My Voyage running 5.10.1.1 has just started having a problem with collections.

When I look at collections on the home list, it says the normal "22 Items" or however many, but when I open it I only the first two books listed. When I sort the collection by "Author" it displays them all, as does "Recent". Only "Title" has problems. On collections where that take multiple page I can still turn the page, but they are all blank. The same issue happens if I sort by "Title" the home page, I get to page 11 of 119 and it's blank from there on.

My book are all manually loaded after I process them via Calibre. I want to sort via title as I name the books in the form 'XX - NAME', where XX is the number it is in a series. The last book listed is named "02 - Vicious Circle", which is the last alphabetically of the books with titles starting '02 - '.

Newly created collections have the same problems, as does creating completely new book files and adding them to collections. Resetting hasn't help, but I've not tried a factory reset as I'm hoping to avoid having to manually re-create all the collections.

I don't use the sync option, but I do occasionally look things up via the browser so I may have hit something by accident while doing that, but I don't think I have.

Anyone have any ideas on what might be happening?
Kimi3013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 03:26 PM   #2
halidak
El-Fakir
halidak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen), Kindle Voyage & Kobo Forma
Hi,
I'm experiencing the exact same problem as you described.
Could you find a solution?
halidak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2018, 05:40 PM   #3
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Just a guess but since they're side loaded books do you have the filter set to Books? If you want to see everything it should be set to All Items. I'm not sure this accounts for it being different when sorted by author but it's the first thing that came to mind.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 05:47 PM   #4
Kimi3013

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
Just a guess but since they're side loaded books do you have the filter set to Books? If you want to see everything it should be set to All Items. I'm not sure this accounts for it being different when sorted by author but it's the first thing that came to mind.

Barry
That was one of the first things I tried, but the problem was consistent.
Old 11-30-2018, 05:47 PM   #5
halidak
El-Fakir

Quote:

Barry
Nope, filter is set to 'All Items' on Homepage. Besides, it doesn't show the books except the first one inside collections as well. Sorting by Recent, Author or Collection works (shows all items) but sorting by Title does not work.
Advert
Old 11-30-2018, 05:48 PM   #6
Kimi3013

Quote:
Originally Posted by halidak View Post
Hi,
I'm experiencing the exact same problem as you described.
Could you find a solution?
I've not found a solution yet.
Old 11-30-2018, 05:51 PM   #7
halidak
El-Fakir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimi3013 View Post
I've not found a solution yet.
Thanks for the reply. I'm still looking for a clue. I'll post here if I can find something useful.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:48 AM   #8
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I’ve got the same problem on all my kindles. It’s not just title either, I get it a lot with Author sort and occasionally with Recent.

I am assuming it’s a software fault somehow and will be eventually fixed with an update.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 10:32 PM   #9
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I just checked both my Paperwhite 3 and Paperwhite 4 and I don't have that problem. Both have the most recent firmware.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 10:55 PM   #10
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I just checked both my Paperwhite 3 and Paperwhite 4 and I don't have that problem. Both have the most recent firmware.

Barry
Mine have the most recent firmware too. It’s a problem affecting both docs and books.
Old 12-03-2018, 09:49 AM   #11
khron
khron began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G/PW2/Voyage + Kobo Glo
I have this problem on voyage with this new botched firmware when some ebooks are (randomly?) invisible unless I change sort order
khron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:05 PM   #12
alexeric123
alexeric123 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Unhappy Title sort not showing books

When I sort by title, it doesnt show any books in it, even though it says that there are items in the collection

Yes, it is on all items, and not only downloaded

Kindle Gen 6

alexeric123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 03:11 AM   #13
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

[I'm] experiencing the problem [...] on all three of my kindles. Nothing we can do expect change the sort or manually search for a specific book. Hopefully it is a software problem which Amazon will fix at some stage.

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-05-2018 at 03:30 AM. Reason: edited for clarity, now some posts have been deleted.
Old 12-05-2018, 03:32 AM   #14
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I've merged threads and changed the title to show that it's not just on the Voyage. One post has been edited to make sense now the threads have been merged.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 06:40 PM   #15
philipmason
philipmason began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Having the same problem on my Paperwhite. It only started recently after I had done quite a bit of work on Calibre, so wondering if that is the issue.
philipmason is offline   Reply With Quote