A Big Zero 6 10.71%
Ok 15 26.79%
Pretty Good 14 25.00%
Love it 21 37.50%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-16-2010, 09:25 AM   #1
jbcohen
Wizard
jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbcohen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung A21
Wheel of Time

What your opinion of the Wheel of Time novels by Robert Jordan?
jbcohen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:52 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I'll never have an opinion. Jordan didn't finish it -- and I refuse to read ghost-written books. Glad I never hopped on this particular train.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2010, 10:18 AM   #3
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I really need a sliding scale to answer this poll. I loved the first couple books but my opinion dropped as it continued on. It was just a "let's milk this for all it's worth" series. I stopped reading them.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:38 PM   #4
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
I really need a sliding scale to answer this poll. I loved the first couple books but my opinion dropped as it continued on. It was just a "let's milk this for all it's worth" series. I stopped reading them.
I'm currently on book 6, and I can definitely see your point. Action is slowing down and the story line seems to crawl along. And the characters have the same fears and internal dialog with themselves repeatedly to the point of being tiresome.

True, in real life we go over the same emotional territory time and time again. But this ain't real life! Books 5 and 6 could easily have been edited down into a single volume of modest size.

That bing said, I still like the main characters and will probably slog along for a bit longer. But the author IS trying my patience.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:14 PM   #5
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I enjoy the books, but the continual delays (and now with the latest ebook being delayed) make it a one star rating.

John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2010, 03:22 PM   #6
Kiwimick
Addict
Kiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five wordsKiwimick can name that ebook in five words

Device: Sony PRS650
Summed up nicely Glen.
They remind me of the Terry Goodkind "Sword of Truth" series I really enjoyed the first 4/5 but then struggled thereafter. I think for me that sometimes the length of the book is a factor as these are long books
Kiwimick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:30 PM   #7
DavidRM
Addict
DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DavidRM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
OK...I don't *really* think the series is a big zero...but, yeah, book 10 pissed me off THAT MUCH. Wiped all the goodwill remaining from the first 3-4 books (and that had been dwindling up to that point).

-David
DavidRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:35 PM   #8
notsure
Zealot
notsure has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-350
I think Sanderson saved the series... but that's just my opinion.
notsure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:57 PM   #9
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I just started reading the first book last night. I will have to wait a bit to answer the poll.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 05:59 PM   #10
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwimick View Post
Summed up nicely Glen.
They remind me of the Terry Goodkind "Sword of Truth" series I really enjoyed the first 4/5 but then struggled thereafter. I think for me that sometimes the length of the book is a factor as these are long books
I felt the same way about the SOT books. I got up to book 9. I plan on reading the rest of the series, as I have read that the last few books pick up a bit, but I thought that books 7 and 8 dragged the story down.
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:55 PM   #11
blacktemplario
blacktemplario began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
I agreed that the books crawl.
BUT, is a wonderful serie of a super fantasy world, and i love it.
I am in 7 book. Well, when i arrive to last books (B. Sanderson) i have a reward that these books are cheaper than now..
Because the books are big, i read in same time another book...in this moment the Red Wolf Conspiracy.
Sorry for the poor english
blacktemplario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:17 PM   #12
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
I agree even though I'm still reading them.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #13
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
I actually enjoy it. Not really a rapid page turner but it is a good read for someone who likes fantasy and indepth description of the scene/setting. I finished book 10 not that long ago (awaiting arrival of 11) and I found it a little disappointing, but the other books are good.

Despite what people say about SOT I will give it a go when I have finished WOT. I like to have a big series going in amongst my normal readings. I read The First Law series and whilst it was really good, 3 books felt a little small for me (then some people like small series, others like large ones).
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 09:41 PM   #14
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Big fan even of the slow ones. I think 1, 3, and 7 are my favorites, but I've not read 12 or 13 yet, still sitting on the shelf.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:53 AM   #15
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I've never even started it, and don't know if I ever will. After all, I've never managed to make myself read Tolkien.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote