Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 11-03-2018, 08:57 PM   #16
Yangshuo
Yangshuo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
This is important: Please disable KSM by renaming the folder .adds/kbmenu_user to .adds/xkbmenu_user. Or else you will get in trouble when your reader downloads the next firmware update file.
I make reset factory my kobo and waiting
Yangshuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 02:56 AM   #17
lohimami
lohimami began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yangshuo View Post
I make reset factory my kobo and waiting
You can download koreader beta on: http://build.koreader.rocks/download...2018-11-11.zip

and Kfm on: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...6&d=1541867867

I tested, it worked OK on my Forma 4.11.11982
lohimami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:12 AM   #18
Yangshuo
Yangshuo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lohimami View Post
You can download koreader beta on: http://build.koreader.rocks/download...2018-11-11.zip

and Kfm on: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/at...6&d=1541867867

I tested, it worked OK on my Forma 4.11.11982
Oh, thanks
Yangshuo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 11:51 AM   #19
inthemood
Zealot
inthemood began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Forma 32G
Hi,
I'm trying to install Koreader on a Kobo Forma 32G with KFMon following the instructions on this page https://github.com/koreader/koreader...n-Kobo-devices
The png's are installed, when I touch them they fill the screen but nothing else happens. When I finished installing the device it did act as if it were importing new books, but it didn't restart to complete an update. What could I be doing wrong? Thank you.
inthemood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 03:58 PM   #20
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@inthemood: You (or your OS tricked you into) missed rather key bits of the KFMon ZIP (two dot folders, as in, hidden folders in *nix world), which means KFMon did not actually get installed .

Regardless of the OS/Archiver being used, prefer the "Extract To" approach rather than opening the archive and manually dragging/copying folders.
The directory structure has to be preserved .

f.g., over CLI, on Linux
Code:
unzip KFMon-v1.2.10.zip -d /run/media/${USER}/KOBOeReader
Or in a FM, find the action most resembling "Extract to" in the contextual menu of the zip file (i.e., right click menu).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:46 PM   #21
inthemood
Zealot

Thank you. I managed to extract it correctly in a folder and then copy the contents of that folder to the e-reader root. I couldn't extract it directly to the device because in the archive there is a ".kobo" folder, and a folder with that same name already exists in the e-reader architecture. So I took the file in this new folder and copied it to the preexisting ".kobo" folder rather than replacing the old folder with the new one which probably would have been a problem. That worked and KFMon is now installed. Tricky though…
Old 01-08-2019, 05:01 PM   #22
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@inthemood: Just don't go through an intermediary folder.

Extract to.

It's as simple as that.

Something will probably tell you that a .kobo folder already exists, because it's true, but simply say "Yes" to overwriting/replacing/merging it, that'll *always* mean "merge the archive content into the existing folder" (and *never* "magically swap the full content of that folder for the one in the archive", because that'd be highly destructive, and highly stupid).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-08-2019 at 05:08 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 05:54 PM   #23
inthemood
Zealot

Ok. Thank you.