Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 10-31-2018, 04:33 PM   #1
joe645
joe645 began at the beginning.

Device: Fire Tablet
Convert Audiobook

Excuse me if this is the wrong place to ask this question but as a new user, I'm allowed one mistake, right? I have recently become addicted to listening to audiobooks on my Kindle Fire (via mp3 files). I have many audiobooks on CD's How can I convert these CD's into MP3 format to listen on my Kindle Fire?
joe645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 05:06 PM   #2
pwalker8
Wizard
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
There is software that will do that. What sort of machine do you have? Windows? Mac? Linux?
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 08:30 PM   #3
joe645

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
There is software that will do that. What sort of machine do you have? Windows? Mac? Linux?
I'm using Win10
Old 10-31-2018, 09:12 PM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, HDX 8.9, AuraHD, NookHD+, Kindle 2,3,T, Opus, iPhone 6, +
The basics...
  1. Open Windows Media Player
  2. Insert CD into computer
  3. Click Rip CD button

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...s-burn-rip-cds

There are other programs that can be used like EAC (Exact Audio Copy) or Foobar, but for basic MP3 Windows Media Player works just fine. For other options or video instructions just Google "rip cd to mp3" and you'll have more options than you can imagine.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 08:10 AM   #5
pwalker8
Wizard
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Step one is the rip the mp3's off the cds, like AnemicOak says. Just make sure you name the files so you can listen to them in order.

There are programs that will allow you to stitch together the mp3's into one file. I use a mac, so I can't really say what's the best program is for Windows.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 03:21 PM   #6
joe645

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Step one is the rip the mp3's off the cds, like AnemicOak says. Just make sure you name the files so you can listen to them in order.

There are programs that will allow you to stitch together the mp3's into one file. I use a mac, so I can't really say what's the best program is for Windows.
Thanks for all the advice.