Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 11-14-2009, 03:09 AM   #1
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Effect On Battery Life Due To Ebook Formats And Memory Cards

I have a Sony PRS-505. I've been checking on the forums for information about the reader's battery life and I've found some information but haven't found clear answers to some of my questions.

I learned through the forums that to extend the reader's battery life you should fully shut down the reader if you are not going to be using it for a while. My own experience when using the player is that playing audio files rapidly drains the battery.

But I wasn't able to find clear answers to these questions:
  • What effect (if any) does the format of the ebooks have on the reader's battery life?
  • What effect does using a memory card have on the reader's battery life?
Thanks in advance for any information.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 05:08 AM   #2
wild_Willie2
Zealot
wild_Willie2 began at the beginning.

Device: prs 505
Those two things have a minimal effect on battery life. They are not spinning hard drives but data stored on solid state memory card.

Dont wory two much about battery life, I read for at least an hour a day, never switch my reader "off", just to "sleep" and only have to recharge about once a month.

As long as you don't play MP3s, they will empty your battery within 4 hours, you are good for abouth a month worth of reading..
wild_Willie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
battery life sony prs 505