Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-08-2020, 05:00 PM   #16
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
I've released v0.2.1 with fixes and improvements for installing dictionaries on 4.20.14601+.

See here for more information.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 04:50 AM   #17
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
geek1011,
for some reason I can’t change the font size in the headers, I tried various tags, for example:
Code:
@ information
& informátion
::
<html>
<div style="font-size:x-large">informátion</div>
there are no problems with the rest (color, weight), but the font size does not work (is it hard-coded somewhere?).
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-09-2020, 08:20 AM   #18
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
there are no problems with the rest (color, weight), but the font size does not work (is it hard-coded somewhere?).
It is overridden by nickel. You need to use !important.
Old 03-09-2020, 09:22 AM   #19
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
You need to use !important.
So I did it right away
Code:
style="font-size:120% !important;"
and there was no result.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:42 AM   #20
toancv
Connoisseur
toancv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite, Likebook Mars, Kobo Aura Ed. 2, Kobo Touch
Before, when I used Penelop to create the Traditional Chinese dictionaries with more than 100,000 headwords which then generate more than 80,000 html files in the zip file. The zip file then failed to be recognized by Kobo. I also tried to set "--group-by-prefix-length=1", the number of html file dropped to about 11,000 but it did not work either.
I wonder if this dictgen can solve this problem.
toancv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-12-2020, 06:01 AM   #21
toancv
Connoisseur
toancv began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle paperwhite, Likebook Mars, Kobo Aura Ed. 2, Kobo Touch
Here is the error:
"Copying dictzip.
Wrote dictzip to "F:.kobo\\dict\\dicthtml-zh.zip".
Updating ExtraLocales.
Adding locale "zh" to ExtraLocales.
Updating database.
Error: update database: update database: no such table: Dictionary.
Press any key to continue . . ."

I don't why the Dictionary table in KoboReader.sqlite file is disappeared. Can anyone help? Thanks.
toancv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 06:09 AM   #22
Semwize
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
See here for more information.
Quote:
* The database doesn't need to be updated anymore. On firmware 4.20.14601+,
dictutil will still update it if it exists (to aid downgrades and prevent
confusion), but it will show a warning.
* Nickel doesn't create the dictionary table on new installations anymore.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:49 AM   #23
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by toancv View Post
I don't why the Dictionary table in KoboReader.sqlite file is disappeared. Can anyone help? Thanks.
You need to update dictutil to the latest version.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:02 AM   #24
Regard_39
Enthusiast
Regard_39 doesn't litterRegard_39 doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, Kobo Libra H2O, Kindle Oasis
Can you explain to me how to use dictutil-windows.exe to copy a personal dictionary? Nothing happens when running this exe, no UI?
Do I need to change the following name dicthtml-enCONVERSION-PENELOPE-ROBERT2007.zip?
I'm using W10 x64
Regard_39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 10:56 AM   #25
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regard_39 View Post
Can you explain to me how to use dictutil-windows.exe to copy a personal dictionary? Nothing happens when running this exe, no UI?
Do I need to change the following name dicthtml-enCONVERSION-PENELOPE-ROBERT2007.zip?
I'm using W10 x64
Yes. You can either name it dicthtml-whatever.zip and use it with "dictutil install dicthtml-whatever.zip", or you can use a command like "dictutil install -l whatever dicthtml-enCONVERSION*.zip".
Old 03-15-2020, 11:46 AM   #26
Regard_39
Enthusiast

I must have really missed a step...
I put the dictutil-windows.exe files and my dictionary to install in the same folder. I opened a prompt command in this folder to use the dictutil command

Dictutil' is not recognized as an internal command.
or external, an executable program or a command file.
Old 03-15-2020, 11:47 AM   #27
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regard_39 View Post
I must have really missed a step...
I put the dictutil-windows.exe files and my dictionary to install in the same folder. I opened a prompt command in this folder to use the dictutil command

Dictutil' is not recognized as an internal command.
or external, an executable program or a command file.
Oh, yes, you're on Windows. Anytime I mention "dictutil ", use "dictutil-windows.exe " instead.
Old 03-15-2020, 01:54 PM   #28
Regard_39
Enthusiast

Okay, you got me back on track.
Unfortunately, I'm getting an error message.
Quote:
If you are not replacing a built-in dictionary, the 'Enable searches on extra
dictionaries patch' must be installed, or you will not be able to select
your custom dictionary.
I thought the Allow searches on Extra dictionaries: yes line (kobopatch.yaml) would do the trick...
Old 03-15-2020, 02:52 PM   #29
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
I used dictutil (Windows, I am not able to to understand how it works on Linux) to insert the dictionary I want instead of the standard dictionary but after synchronization I had again the standard dictionary. Before it I tried to give the read only flag, both Linux and Windows but it did not work.

May be something is changed in firmware? Or I am doing something wrong? But the dictutil told me that it was OK

Code:
C:\Users\paolo\Desktop\Dizionario-italiano\Kobo> dictutil-windows.exe install dicthtml-it.zip
Found Kobo eReader at "F:" with firmware version 4.20.14622.
Installing dictzip "dicthtml-it.zip" (locale: it) as "dicthtml-it.zip" (overwriting_builtin: true) with label "Italiano".

Copying dictzip.
  Note: firmware version >= 4.20.14601, so using new method for preventing nickel from overwriting dictionaries.
  Wrote dictzip to "F:.kobo\\dict\\dicthtml-it.zip".
Updating ExtraLocales.
  No need; replacing built-in dictionary.
Updating database.
  Note: the dictionary table is unnecessary and inconsequential in firmware 4.20.14601+ and can be safely removed.
  Note: The dictionary table is unnecessary and inconsequential in firmware 4.20.14601+ and can be safely removed.
  Added row to database: Suffix="-it" Name="Italiano" Installed="true" Size=13680662 IsSynced="false".

Successfully installed dictzip "dicthtml-it.zip" to Kobo "F:".

Last edited by ps67; 03-15-2020 at 03:01 PM. Reason: inserte message from dictutil
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 03:00 PM   #30
geek1011
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps67 View Post
I used dictutil (Windows, I am not able to to understand how it works on Linux) to insert the dictionary I want instead of the standard dictionary but after synchronization I had again the standard dictionary. Before it I tried to give the read only flag, both Linux and Windows but it did not work.

May be something is changed in firmware? Or I am doing something wrong? But the dictutil told me that it was OK
Can you enable the `sync` category for logging in developer options, install the dictionary, perform a sync, and send me the log files (specifically the part about the dictionary sync command)? It should contain a line like "dicthtml... marked as read-only.. skipping".

Also, after running dictutil, see if the read-only checkbox is set in the file properties.

Tags
dictgen, dicthtml, dictionaries, dictionary, dictutil