Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-19-2020, 06:13 AM   #16
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy View Post
That's sad, man. You parents shouldn't have sent you to your room. There's no need for behaviour like that.
It is, it still did not take away my enjoyment of reading, and tbh reading the books i now am, that level of immersion would be terrifying (The ONSET series from Glynn Stewart)
A few years before they died i asked why they reacted so harsh, my mum said they had just converted to Jehova's Witnesses, and thought i needed to keep my head and feet in (their) reality..
It took some self controle not to mention the book they were to much immersed in, they themselves living outside of 'the world' as they called it. Sigh, no use crying over spilled milk, i just hope modern parents have more sense than this.

Last edited by Roos; 02-19-2020 at 06:15 AM. Reason: corrections
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 07:15 AM   #17
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Books are crack. I can't stop ingesting them. I want more and more and more! Hundreds of series unfinished and yet I start new ones all the time! No self control! Stern lectures about finishing series go ignored! Wise thoughts about sticking to authors I know get tossed away as new authors pique my interest! Books are crack.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2020, 08:49 AM   #18
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
I've been retired for about 25 years or so. I can read as much as I want to. How much I do varies a lot. This week I've spent most of most days reading. Last week was about the same. The week before I mostly watched TV shows with a bit of reading here and there.

It's not that getting old doesn't have it's downsides. It does. But it's really nice in some ways.

Barry
Old is always someone older than you! Yea, I've discovered that being retired is pretty cool. That's a whole 10 more hours of the day that I can do what I want to. I still wish there were more hours in the day to do all the things I want to.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2020, 04:36 PM   #19
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Books are crack. I can't stop ingesting them. I want more and more and more! Hundreds of series unfinished and yet I start new ones all the time! No self control! Stern lectures about finishing series go ignored! Wise thoughts about sticking to authors I know get tossed away as new authors pique my interest! Books are crack.
Ha! Join the club, and the older you get the more time you spend reading (mostly because TV is going to sh.t, the news is sh.t, politics is sh.t and the wold is going up in flames without any way to stop it) even some dystopian fiction of a decade ago sound better than where we are heading, nah, books are my preferred escape hatch, and i use them more and more..

-=- Proud To Be A Grumpy Old Man -=-
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:27 AM   #20
Luffy
Wizard
Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Luffy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Well said! The story that we read and imagine in our minds are so unique to each of us. E.g. My rendering of Poirot in my mind is never slow a story as depicted in the series. The children of Famous Five act naturally in my brain and don't suffer from inexperience as they do in front of the cameras. Reading makes you the god of your imagination. That's how books are crack.
Luffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2020, 07:51 PM   #21
uels
uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.uels can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle PW4
I hate reading, I just do it out of spite.
uels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:26 AM   #22
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by uels View Post
I hate reading, I just do it out of spite.
Isn't that similar to cutting off your nose to spite your face?
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 10:33 PM   #23
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I love to read but can't do it all day. for some reason, it puts me to sleep, I have to walk away off and on and do something else at times
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 09:29 PM   #24
jyoti-singh
jyoti-singh began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
I love reading and I actually CAN read all day long if I want to.
Hi Poppaea,
The same case is with me as well. I can read for whole day without relocating anywhere. To the best of my knowledge, I read for 18 hours a day. But unfortunately due to wrong reading posture, i met with a neck pain. Since then I have made a balance between ebooks and audiobooks..
jyoti-singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 12:07 AM   #25
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I love reading but only in the last few years have I come back to it, though not quite as enthusiastically as I did in the past. I’ve been an avid reader since I was 4 (yes, Mother taught me to read before I went to school) and it was only the advent of computers which stopped me in my tracks. I became enamoured of them immediately, and lost my reading way. I want to go back to reading DT books, but my arthritis wont let me hold them comfortably for more than a few minutes, so its ebooks all the way. Even dedicated e-readers and my iPad are proving difficult so its come down to the phone. Its OK, but definitely not as nice as reading a “real” book.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:37 PM   #26
droopy
Guru
droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.droopy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
I line reading too. But I have to schedule breaks, because sitting too long, though I can get used to it on a comfy chair/couch, isn't good for my health. I ride my bike or do some anaerobic exercise (eg pullups). Plus it gives my eyes a break.

Also I probably need breaks because I have been addicted to the screen/internet (web) surfingand I just got an ereader recently. so I have to develop a capacity/attention span to read for a long time.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Last edited by droopy; 03-24-2020 at 09:41 PM.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 12:02 AM   #27
dawsonthrilled
dawsonthrilled began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
Just wanted to say that I love reading I could read all day long.
That's it thank you.
I am glad to hear that I share the same feeling. It is always the best way to relax and reset your mind.
dawsonthrilled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 08:39 AM   #28
Number9
Dude
Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One; Kobo Aura H2o; Sony Reader PRS-T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawsonthrilled View Post
I am glad to hear that I share the same feeling. It is always the best way to relax and reset your mind.
I couldn't agree more. 😊
Number9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 11:22 AM   #29
bestbooksummary
bestbooksummary began at the beginning.

Device: none
Post I am also a avid book reader

It's been two years since I'm reading Non-fiction books. Now, I can read all day long. What kind of books do you love reading?
bestbooksummary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 08:03 PM   #30
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLS View Post
I love to read but can't do it all day. for some reason, it puts me to sleep, I have to walk away off and on and do something else at times

That's why I like to read more than I like making love.

I can read all day.

Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote