Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-21-2011, 09:31 AM   #1
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Basic 613
[0.8.6] Get number of books in "Library" menu back?

I upgraded to 0.8.6 yesterday. It seems that the number of books in a particular library has disappeared from the menu? I didn't see this mentioned in the changelog. Any chance to get this back? Configurable option, perhaps?
rogue_librarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:44 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
My guess is that the toolbar switched to 'save space' mode to show all the buttons.

If I am correct, then you have two choices:
- remove some buttons
- Preferences -> look & feel -> main interface -> set "show text under icons" to Always.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 10:08 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
I upgraded to 0.8.6 yesterday. It seems that the number of books in a particular library has disappeared from the menu? I didn't see this mentioned in the changelog. Any chance to get this back? Configurable option, perhaps?
It is there for me.
I use Icons OFF, Show text under if enough room.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	book_count.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	73139  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:32 AM   #4
rogue_librarian
Guru
rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogue_librarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I see now that it only happens when a device (Pocketbook 360, in my case) is attached.
This doesn't only add a "Send to device" button (which would be expected), rather the whole menu becomes wonky, suppressing the "xxx books" line and adding other arbitrary buttons (Get News, e.g., which I've removed from the layout).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot1.png
Views:	261
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	73145   Click image for larger version

Name:	snapshot2.png
Views:	272
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	73146  

Last edited by rogue_librarian; 06-21-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-21-2011, 11:41 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue_librarian View Post
I see now that it only happens when a device (Pocketbook 360, in my case) is attached.
This doesn't only add a "Send to device" button (which would be expected), rather the whole menu becomes wonky, suppressing the "xxx books" line and adding other arbitrary buttons (Get News, e.g., which I've removed from the layout).
Each (7) menu (type and mode) is configurable.
A Device attached switches menus mode.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-21-2011, 11:44 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If you look at preferences -> toolbar, you will see that you can separately configure three toolbars: device-not-connected, device-connected, and the optional second toolbar. These settings interact with the "show text under icons" settings.

My guess is that you have configured only the device-not-connected toolbar.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 11:48 AM   #7
rogue_librarian
Guru

Thanks everybody, it's perfectly possible that it's just me I never noticed before, but I'll look into it.

Your pointers are very much appreciated.