Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-05-2020, 07:10 PM   #91
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Aura One, Glo HD
^ Sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees.

How about Treebeard, one of my favorite characters.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 08:35 PM   #92
Paperbackstash
Fanatic
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles. See Signature for Info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
^ Sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees.

How about Treebeard, one of my favorite characters.
Er, no. lol - cute name but I can't see cuddling up to Treebeard every night.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 09:58 AM   #93
Paperbackstash
Fanatic
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I finally saw some of the lighting change last night. I was wondering if I messed up the settings somehow as I do not see the light changing much. About 11:00 pm I saw it changing when reading at night in my bedroom, and the warm light was subtle but nice.

Right now here are my settings:

Warmth Schedule: On
Schedule: Automatic, Gradually changes with sunset and sunrise (here it's about 8:30 for sunset, but the light does not seem to change then)
My Set Warmth meter is left at default of #10

Screen settings
Have Auto Brightness checked

I remember setting "nightlight on" as well in another settings menu, but can't recall where right now.
Old 07-06-2020, 10:12 AM   #94
jhowell
Wizard
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2, Fire, iPad Air 2, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
here it's about 8:30 for sunset, but the light does not seem to change then
My understanding is that Amazon determines your location based on the IP address that your Kindle uses to connect to Amazon's servers. Depending on your ISP it might not always come up with the correct location.
jhowell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:49 AM   #95
Paperbackstash
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
My understanding is that Amazon determines your location based on the IP address that your Kindle uses to connect to Amazon's servers. Depending on your ISP it might not always come up with the correct location.
I may try messing with the settings to change it to start at a certain time then. This may help. Will try that tonight and see if it makes a difference.

Thank you!
Old 07-06-2020, 10:53 AM   #96
Paperbackstash
Fanatic

I'm still in awe of the screen, it reminds me more of the PW3, excess of course being recessed screen. The blacks seem darker/more contrast in the book covers than the PW4 somehow.

I know the speed difference isn't supposed to be much from the PW4 based on hardware specs and reviews I've seen, but the difference in my Oasis speed is much better than the PW4, at least the two I own.

Reading wise it's likely the same, but when changing screens in the library, or when going to the store the difference is especially much faster. It may be the Wi-fi issue my PW4 kept having that is making the difference on the store feed, but that doesn't make a difference in the speed difference with browsing the library. It adds to "lists" quicker when browsing the Kindle Unlimited storefront, the different is huge, there was a hang up when doing that on the PW4. I have as many books on the new Oasis, actually probably a bit more, so it's not that which is making a difference.

Changing from screens to menu, to library, to books, is a large increase of speed for me.

A noticed issue is that it is still indexing the same number of books days later without movement. I left it plugged in to a wall outlet overnight to see if that would help since it usually does, but no cigar in this case. I wonder if it's stuck on a book? Argh. The indexing number is still 1,045 this morning. I just checked and now it went back up to 1,066 but I did not add new books this morning.
Old 07-06-2020, 12:46 PM   #97
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Aura One, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paperbackstash View Post
I may try messing with the settings to change it to start at a certain time then. This may help. Will try that tonight and see if it makes a difference.

Thank you!

I just have mine to come on at 6:30 pm and off at 6:30 am.

Mine works perfectly.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote