Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-24-2020, 05:52 AM   #436
capink
capink is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.capink is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.capink is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.capink is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.capink is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.capink is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.capink is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.capink is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.capink is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.capink is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.capink is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: icarus illumina
version 1.4.4

- FIX: saved setting (match method) from csv tab affects matching when done from other tabs.

Last edited by capink; 06-30-2020 at 08:10 AM. Reason: removing attachment
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 10:16 PM   #437
Rellwood
Library Breeder
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Thank you so much for allowing it to match up by identifiers! I have had to keep title and author columns for Amazon, Goodreads, and Calibre so that I can copy back and forth so that importing the list doesn't take forever. I can delete these columns now!
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 06:57 AM   #438
capink
capink is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.capink is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.capink is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.capink is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.capink is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.capink is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.capink is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.capink is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.capink is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.capink is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.capink is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Thank you so much for allowing it to match up by identifiers! I have had to keep title and author columns for Amazon, Goodreads, and Calibre so that I can copy back and forth so that importing the list doesn't take forever. I can delete these columns now!
Glad it helped you. But please test it thoroughly before deleting your old columns.
Old 06-29-2020, 07:44 PM   #439
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice
@capink - are you prepared to offer general community support for this plugin?

If you are then we need to get your zip into the first post. Because the forum has no mechanism for transferring the ownership of threads that has to be done by a moderator

They need a PM containing the text to be placed in the version history, any changes to the first post descriptive text or images. and if its not already attached to a post a link to the the zip at Dropbox/Google Drive whatever.

If you don't want to offer community support, that's OK too. But in that case, rather than attach them here, could you post a link to a file at Dropbox or similar. And delete the attachments.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-29-2020 at 08:07 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2020, 11:05 PM   #440
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@BR: I have reviewed the code changes done by capink and already updated the zip file in the first post. Since without them this pugin will become non-operational in calibre 5
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 07:29 AM   #441
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Kovid - I'd forgotten I'd removed the plugin from my install, so I didn't see the updates you've put into the first post.

@capink - ignore my prior post, but could you remove the zips from your posts, leaving old zips in PI threads has led to confusion in the past

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2020, 08:57 AM   #442
capink

I deleted the attachments in my previous posts as requested by BetterRed. But while testing some additions to the plugin I discovered a problem when tab is used as delimiter in python3 versions of calibre. I am attaching a new version that contains a only the fix to the problem so the moderators can upload it to the first post. Changes included in the changelog file inside the zip.

I will later post a dropbox link to other changes I done the plugin (making strings translatable and adding encoding support for csv files) in case someone is interested in testing them out.

Last edited by capink; 06-30-2020 at 11:27 AM. Reason: attachment moved to the first post
Old 06-30-2020, 01:35 PM   #443
Rellwood
Library Breeder
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
Glad it helped you. But please test it thoroughly before deleting your old columns.
It isn't hard to remake them, I have all my Kindlesyncs from my Kindle for PC app, which takes care of Amazon, and worse come to worse, importing the goodreads library .csv will reinstate the goodreads columns.

I have been testing out this plugin and it seems to work great. I noticed that lately it has been matching up with the title/authors better. It used to be really picky about matching. Now it seems almost as if it remembers previous matches and it is also really quick. I haven't had to go hunting for titles/authors nearly as much as I used to.

One thing I did notice though is that when I am doing a big import (upwards of 500 lines) after a while, the plugin seems to get glitchy and when I choose a title that isn't matched up to find the match in Calibre, it won't show the title/author of the book I selected. I choses some random other book title/author. I'm not talking about the choices to match with, but the actual book in the list I choose to find a match.

AN example would be that there isn't a match for

The Chronicles of the Black Company by Glen Cook - selected to find match

Lucky by Jackie Collins - the book in the search bar for matches.

It usually fixes itself if I reselct the book, but it sometimes happens maybe 5 or more books in a row.

Also, did you fix it so that it doesn't drop the leading "The, A, or Of"? I have my library sorted strictly alphabetic and that seemed to always snag the plugin.

Finally, is there a way of possibly adding the ability to maybe sort the columns in the final view to my liking? I like to have some of the columns in the library side side by side with the columns in the list side, like dates. I like to be able to compare them side by side wihout having to stretch or move the columns which end up moving the scroll bar over and messing it up.

Anyhow, that's all for now. Keep it up!
Old 06-30-2020, 01:38 PM   #444
Rellwood
Library Breeder

Sorry, I forgot to ask...is this plugin still compatible to calibre 4.17? I still have that version I use, along with the newest version.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:26 AM   #445
capink

Yes it works in calibre 4. I'm just trying to make some changes to make the plugin work as I want it to work since I'm using calibre to manage all kind of files, and this plugin is essential to get the data in. I tried making these changes couple years ago, but when I looked at the code I could not understand anything. I had some time these past weeks, but it still takes a lot of time to make the changes I want.
Old 07-01-2020, 02:57 PM   #446
Rellwood
Library Breeder

I have about 3500 books in Goodreads, having read 1500 of them. I constantly import their library export .csv to update the shelves. I used to have to split it up into 100 line chunks and even then there were an average of 10 books per chunk that had to be manually matched. It was always the same books too. Either the title was in title sort so the leading "The, To, A, Of" would be dropped and the books wouldn't be found, or the author's name wasn't the same as the one in Calibre (multiple authors in Calibre but GR only lists one). There were so many books that would never match.

Last night I imported the entire 3500 line .csv and it matched every single book.

I am looking forward to importing my Amazon book list that I get from the KindleSync file that is in the Kindle folder cache.

Whatever was done to improve this plugin has had a great impact on my ability to update my library.
Old 07-02-2020, 08:27 AM   #447
capink

Version 1.4.7

New Version 1.4.7

Update: Support for different encodings in csv tab.
Update: Changes to make the plugin translatable.
Update: Option to automatically map fields in csv tabs by reading header names if present.
Update: Add match by identifier to web tab.
Update: Add a scrollbar to controls in web tab.
Refactoring the code for match by identifier into one class in tab_common.py.

The new encodings combobox includes only three encodings by default (utf-8, utf-16, iso-8859-1), but has an add/remove option to add more encodings from a popup dialog. The feature to auto-map columns by reading csv headers is useful when exporting data using calibre's catalogue option, and then re-importing the data again.

As requested by BetterRed I am posting a dropbox link for this version of the plugin instead of attaching it. I do not have the time or the necessary knowledge to offer long time support, but if there is problem related to changes I made, I will be happy to look at it, with no guarantees I will be able to fix or offer support.

Before using this version for your day to day use, it is better to test it first on a backup library.

Note to past/future maintainer(s) of this plugin:
I'm trying to keep the changes to this plugin as separate as much as possible from the original code. In line with this:
  • I moved the code for match by identifier feature into one class in tabs_common.py module. This also made it easier to add the same feature to the web tab without code duplication.
  • Also the code for encoding support is all in one separate module.
  • Wherever I made a additions in the middle of the original code I made sure it is clearly marked by preceding them with (#{ Update: "update details ... ") and placing (#}) after.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.png
Views:	27
Size:	277.9 KB
ID:	180327   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.png
Views:	27
Size:	291.7 KB
ID:	180328   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.png
Views:	26
Size:	300.0 KB
ID:	180329  

Last edited by capink; 07-03-2020 at 01:39 AM. Reason: editing dropbox link
Old 07-04-2020, 05:40 PM   #448
Rellwood
Library Breeder

The newest update won't let me match up unmatched books. It will either not show any available books to match or it will show me only a couple of the listed author's books (and they are never the book I want).

Not sure if this is because the library had duplicates or if its because of the updated plugin.

I confirmed that the books I was trying to match weren't already matched with another book in the list. Confirmed the book was in the library. Even went to far as to type in full text of book title, or author.

Either no books will show to be matched or the books to match are missing the desired book (and often only show a partial list of the desired author's books).

Was using the "title/author" match up and not identifier

Have just downgraded the plugin and will see how it goes.

Last edited by Rellwood; 07-04-2020 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-05-2020, 06:08 AM   #449
capink

The title/author match is the original way the plugin used to do automatic matching. The updates I've done has not changed anything related to title/match nor does it affect anything in the manual match. If you test with an earlier version I think you will get the same outcome you are getting with the title/match option in the updated version. If you give me steps to reproduce the problems you are having, I'll have a look at it.

Tags
column types