Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-30-2020, 06:13 PM   #16
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
One thing that I really liked about PB over the others is that you can adjust the lighting and color temp w/o having to open a menu, just swipe along an edge. Seems so obvious, no idea why nobody else does that. I also like that PB has a next-page zone on the left size of the screen too since I frequently shift between right and left-handed hold.
I don't know about the comfort light (I don't have a Kobo that has this feature) but my Aura 2 and Aura HD (6.8") both brighten and dim the screen by sliding up and down along the left side of the screen.

EDIT: My Tolinos will open the light menu by dragging down from the top. (Not quite the same thing, though.)

Last edited by rcentros; 04-30-2020 at 06:17 PM.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2020, 07:45 PM   #17
twowheels
Wizard
twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twowheels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, iPad Pro 10", iPhone 15 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I don't know about the comfort light (I don't have a Kobo that has this feature) but my Aura 2 and Aura HD (6.8") both brighten and dim the screen by sliding up and down along the left side of the screen
Really? This alone might push me away from Kindle for my next device.
twowheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 01:12 PM   #18
ymmv
Enthusiast
ymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notesymmv can name that song in three notes

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
I just own a Russian (non-WiFi) version of the Basic Lux (PB615) so can't answer all your questions.

What's the quality of the Russian-English and Russian-Russian dictionaries like?
ymmv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:15 PM   #19
slkissinger
Connoisseur
slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slkissinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Multiple Kindles, Pocketbook Touch HD3, Kobo Clara HD, Xiaomi InkPalm
FYI, light swipe, touch hd, while reading a book, Swipe up / down one side Adjusts white light, the other side the orange/comfort/whatever you want to call it. On the kobo libra , swipe only works on one side for white light adjust, if I want to adjust the comfort light, need to go into menu...a whole two, yes omg TWO taps before I can adjust that. (Grin). Ok ok, not that big of a deal.

I don’t think there is a customization for that, but honestly I haven’t looked.
slkissinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 08:28 PM   #20
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ymmv View Post
What's the quality of the Russian-English and Russian-Russian dictionaries like?
I don't know as I don't speak Russian. I just picked a word at random for a test – "casual" – and got these results when I used the built-in English to Russian dictionary.

Noun
1) жертва несчастного случая
2) временный рабочий
3) случайный посетитель
4) случайный клиент
5) случайный покупатель
Adjective
1) случайный
2) непостоянный
3) нечаянный
4) небрежный
5) нерегулярный

I don't know if this helps much, or not. Sorry for my ignorance.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 04:24 AM   #21
Peztis
Peztis began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T3, PocketBook Touch HD3 (PB632)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobnail View Post
There's also a problem where it doesn't correctly display the series; I have many books that are part of series and only a small handful show up in the series page on the Pocketbook.
There was an update recently, when I look at all the books I have I can clearly see which series and what number on my PB.

Quote:
I have a Kobo Forma and love how it feels/fits in my hand. I also like its page turn buttons; I tend to use both the buttons and tapping the screen. With the Pocketbook there are four buttons, but they're at the bottom of the screen and I don't use it enough to have memorized which is which and they aren't clearly marked just embossed.
I learnt quickly which button is which, although I mostly use the screen to turn pages. You have to press on the correct place of the screen or you end up turning the wrong side or going to the menu.

Quote:
On the downside for the Kobo, its page turn buttons don't have a firm clean click.
On the PB you can softly hear that the button is being pressed. It is much softer than on my old Sony. The clicking can be annoying for the one going to sleep beside you so it is good to have the press screen option (which can also be turned off, by the way).

As I almost always press with my left hand, the buttons are better placed on my old Sony (bottom left corner). On the PB I tend to use the screen more.
Peztis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 04:32 AM   #22
Peztis
Peztis began at the beginning.

Device: SONY PRS-T3, PocketBook Touch HD3 (PB632)
Regarding the light, yes when in manual mode you can easily adjust by swiping the sides (right for light, left for warmth). If in automatic mode you will be asked if you want to change from automatic to manual mode. The light of the screen can also easily turn on/off by pressing the menu-button (the one to the right) until it turns on/off.
Peztis is offline   Reply With Quote