Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-01-2023, 06:12 PM   #436
mkozlows
Enthusiast
mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage/KOReader
Best possible answer! Thanks.
mkozlows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2023, 02:31 PM   #437
franksisco
franksisco began at the beginning.

Device: Moto G6 Plus
Hi, I am new to koreader app for android and I'm disoriented by the chaoticness of the options and their behavior. I would need to better understand one essential thing: the only way to set a display style that is the same for all my epubs is to use the styletewaks snippets? I ask this because if I set koreader a certain way with one ebook then another doesn't hold the same settings. Thanks
franksisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2023, 07:59 PM   #438
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Long press on each setting it make it “default”.

Then go to the book and “Reset document settings” (Top Menu, second tab)
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 09:56 AM   #439
franksisco
franksisco began at the beginning.

Device: Moto G6 Plus
Perfect! Thank you so much!!! It was much easier than I thought....
franksisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 12:27 PM   #440
almaviva
almaviva began at the beginning.

Device: Google Pixel 4A
Screen size on Pixel 4A phone

Hello KOReader fans!

I'm delighted to have found this software, and I already love it for the possibility that it will allow me to do ALL my reading with one app.

My issue:

KOReader seems to be rendering a screen size that is taller than the native screen size on my Pixel 4A. In portrait mode, the entire status bar and the bottom part of the bottom menu is not visible.

When I switch to landscape mode, I can see the status bar and all of the bottom menu, but there are UI elements missing from the right side of the screen (where the bottom was in portrait mode, the "chin" of the phone).

I was missing one or two lines of text on bottom until I increased the bottom margin, but I'd still like to see the status bar and entire bottom menu in portrait mode.

Ken Maltby's response to this post seems to apply:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=94

Happy to try this, though I may need some additional clarification since I'm a complete newbie to KOReader.

Thanks for help. This seems like a vital and active community, and I'm happy to be a part!

Cheers,
Oliver H.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230318-121858 small.png
Views:	144
Size:	55.4 KB
ID:	200430  
almaviva is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2023, 01:50 PM   #441
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by almaviva View Post
My issue:

KOReader seems to be rendering a screen size that is taller than the native screen size on my Pixel 4A. In portrait mode, the entire status bar and the bottom part of the bottom menu is not visible.
Yup, known bug that affects all android 13 devices with a screen cutout. A recap and some workarounds in https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ent-1297542495.

It will be fixed eventually
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2023, 11:49 PM   #442
mkozlows
Enthusiast
mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mkozlows ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As an FYI, the "render below" workaround doesn't work with the latest version of Android, at least on a Pixel 7 Pro. Or rather, it works for KOReader, but the setting is so buggy that the phone is basically unusable in landscape mode (can't swipe up from the bottom of the screen to dismiss apps). "Hide" works, but is fairly obtrusive (puts a completely black bar on your screen at all times).
Old 03-19-2023, 08:35 PM   #443
almaviva
almaviva began at the beginning.

Device: Google Pixel 4A
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkozlows View Post
As an FYI, the "render below" workaround doesn't work with the latest version of Android, at least on a Pixel 7 Pro. Or rather, it works for KOReader, but the setting is so buggy that the phone is basically unusable in landscape mode (can't swipe up from the bottom of the screen to dismiss apps). "Hide" works, but is fairly obtrusive (puts a completely black bar on your screen at all times).
Thanks to mkozlows and pazos for leading me in the right direction. I'm using Developer Mode to set Display cutout to "Hide" for the now, and I found the same thing on my Pixel 4A as mkozlows mentions above with "Render below."

Will look forward to an update that fixes this, and I'm happy to test an APK on my stock Pixel 4A in case that's helpful for anyone.

Thanks,
Oliver H.
almaviva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2023, 10:15 PM   #444
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
For what it's worth, KOreader seems to be behaving normally again when browsing folders with lots of subfolders ever since Onyx's most recent 3.3.2 firmware update.
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 02:39 AM   #445
mafein
mafein began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Note Air
Hello,

I use Onyx Boox Note Air. On original Reader the images are bigger and making more sense, in Koreader they are small, I tried to width fit, but result was horrible
What can be done here?

Regards
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230412_084101_WhatsApp.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	333.5 KB
ID:	200989   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230412_084045_WhatsApp.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	370.0 KB
ID:	200990   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230412_084030_WhatsApp.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	312.1 KB
ID:	200991  

Last edited by mafein; 04-12-2023 at 02:42 AM.
mafein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 07:25 AM   #446
Markismus
Guru
Markismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicingMarkismus causes much rejoicing

Device: Cracked HiSenseA5ProCC, Cracked OnyxNotePro, Note5, Kobo Glo, Aura
@mafein style tweaks>User style tweaks>"Add your own tweaks in koreader/styletweaks".

Sounds you have some pretty badly formatted ebook. Either you try different software with their default settings or you code your own styling.

Sometimes it helps a lot to open the menu and select the lower menu>gear tab>Embedded Style>off.
After that you start tweaking the styling. E.g. style>HTML5, styletweaks>Full-width images.

If that's a bit too much, why not try double_sized_img.css
Code:
img {width:200%;}
Just Google on 'img', 'html', 'css'.
Markismus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 01:10 PM   #447
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
That, or the source images are actually extremely tiny ;o).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 02:14 AM   #448
mkozlows
Enthusiast

I just saw that the 2023.05 version handles the cutout properly on the Pixel. It's great to have KOReader back on my phone again, appreciate the work.

(As a nice plus, something else seems to have changed in 2023.05 such that on my Sage, I no longer get occasional double page-turns. Nice.)
Old 06-03-2023, 12:10 PM   #449
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkozlows View Post
on my Sage, I no longer get occasional double page-turns. Nice.)
whut?!
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 11:30 AM   #450
mkozlows
Enthusiast

There was some weird non-physical, intermittent "stickiness" to the page turn buttons. At first, it mostly manifested as if the system wasn't getting a button-up event to match a button-down -- when I'd push the page-down button, it would just keep paging forward until I pushed the page up button to stop it, and then my next page-down would be ignored. I asked about this, and the only idea was that maybe autostandby could be involved, but I had that turned off, so idk.

At some point, it mostly stopped doing that, and what would happen instead is that regularly but intermittently (maybe 10% of the time?), page-down would just register twice and I'd see the screen refresh twice and I'd end up two pages ahead. Annoying, but since it didn't seem to be happening to anyone else, I'd chalked it up to some weird defect of my device.

But whatever changed (looking through the changelog, the most relevant thing seemed to be the PR about fixing screen refresh issues on the Sage, which wasn't targeted at this issue, but at least plausibly is in the neighborhood?), now it doesn't do that.