Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 11-14-2022, 08:38 PM   #106
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
It is up! Hopefully I didn't botch anything.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2022, 02:46 AM   #107
GrannyGrump
Obsessively Dedicated...
GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GrannyGrump ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, ADE on PC
@ graycyn --- another good source for free illustrations is https://pixabay.com/
their "PRO" images have a fee, but they have a pretty good selection for free as well.

You need to set up a free account to download more than a very limited quantity daily, but well worth the trouble --- they have line art and other digital art, as well as photos, which sometimes are preferable. (And lots of clip-art, if you ever need that)
GrannyGrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-18-2022, 05:09 PM   #108
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrannyGrump View Post
@ graycyn --- another good source for free illustrations is https://pixabay.com/
their "PRO" images have a fee, but they have a pretty good selection for free as well.

You need to set up a free account to download more than a very limited quantity daily, but well worth the trouble --- they have line art and other digital art, as well as photos, which sometimes are preferable. (And lots of clip-art, if you ever need that)
Many thanks! I'm aiming to *try* and get images close to the actual horse described in each book and with a western look, but that's not always possible.

It's a case of compromise for sure, as the horse described isn't always a common color, for example, Blaze Face, who is supposedly coal black with a nearly white head (technically more than a blaze). Such color can certainly exist, but would be unusual with no other white on the horse's body! I found a workable image of a dark bay with a large blaze, and given that black horses can look a little rusty (with a fair amount of brown showing) when on the range and exposed to lots of sun, it'll do unless I find better.

I might even be willing occasionally to do a fee, if it's not large, for the just right image, but free is better, since I've already got money in the print books.

Line art could be helpful as well!

I'm very excited about being able to contribute somewhat to the MR library. Your books have inspired me, and I hope you don't mind that I borrowed somewhat in style for the "about this book" page. I meant to PM you about that, but I'm old, busy, have foster formerly feral kittens distracting me, and just plain forgot.
Old 12-21-2022, 11:48 PM   #109
graycyn
Wizard

And another copyright question!

Author/illustrator: Allen William Seaby (25 May 1867 – 28 July 1953)

Am I correct in believing his work would be MobileRead eligible by January 2024? Because I have a book by him, with tons of illustration. If eligible, I should cut and scan NOW because it'll take me *forever* to clean up that many illustrations! Beautiful artwork though!

No qualms about cutting to scan, it's a poor copy and has a torn out page/missing text, but I was able to borrow on Internet Archive for an hour and grab screenshots of the affected pages to get the missing text bits tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-22-2022, 02:37 AM   #110
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Yes, next January 1st authors who died in 1952 will be out of copyright. For someone deceased in 1953 we have to wait one more year (2024), unless laws change.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2022, 11:57 AM   #111
graycyn
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Yes, next January 1st authors who died in 1952 will be out of copyright. For someone deceased in 1953 we have to wait one more year (2024), unless laws change.

Great, that's what I thought! Between my dry eye syndrome and spine troubles that limit my computer time, it might take me longer than a year to get all the images ready!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk