Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-01-2017, 08:21 PM   #16
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
Free at Amazon:

A Distant Star - Anne Avery
-Science Fiction Romance/Futuristic Romance
-Love Spell/Dorchester, 1993

Amazon US---Amazon UK---Amazon Canada
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 09:47 PM   #17
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
It's Sunday, so time for the weekly report though it feels odd starting on the first day of the year.

Weekly Report:
Read:
  • Absolute Trust (True Heroes #3) by Piper J Drake (A-/5 stars)
  • Winter Valor (True Heroes #3.5) by Piper J Drake (B/4 stars)
  • In His Loving Arms by Cindy Gerard (C-/2 stars)
  • Shadow of the Hawk (Lady Tech #2) by Julie Miller (D/1 star)
  • Wife in the Mail (The Alaskans #1) by Marie Ferrarella (B/4 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 1-1.JPG
Views:	895
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	153907  

Last edited by library addict; 07-27-2017 at 08:40 AM. Reason: revised grade for SotH
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2017, 11:38 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
I'm looking forward to the libraries adding new titles again. It's been two months of releases yet to be bought at any of my libraries I'm a member of. It's quite unusual.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 03:23 AM   #19
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Checking in

I read Skipping Christmas which isn't really a romance. Stick with the movie. The movie is my absolutely favorite holiday movie. The book is super boring and not funny at all.

I am reading Potent Pleasure by Eloisa James. I'm half way through. I'm still reading Stray by Rachel Vincent.

I didn't buy any books but I got alot of books for Christmas. Enough to fill one shelf on my new bookcase I got for my birthday. Real books not ebooks. Most are used. One is a original cover of Johanna Lindsey's A Pirates Love and the original cover of The Bride by Julie Garwood. I think that's pretty cool. Alot of the books I got aren't available in eBook.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 01-02-2017, 06:02 PM   #20
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

The entire Kathleen Turner series is on sale for $0.99 each!!!

I highly recommend the series. It was my first reads of 2016 and I devoured them.

Sent from my XT1528
Advert
Old 01-02-2017, 06:18 PM   #21
BearMountainBooks
Maria Schneider
BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BearMountainBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3g Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
No one does gifting but Amazon unfortunately.

Sent from my XT1528
Smashwords does gifting. Beneath the buy button on each book page there's a "Gifting" option.
BearMountainBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 06:45 PM   #22
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearMountainBooks View Post
Smashwords does gifting. Beneath the buy button on each book page there's a "Gifting" option.
I'm pretty sure she was looking for a mainstream book not an indie but thanks.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 01-03-2017, 12:19 AM   #23
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmmm, Breath of Fire by Amanda Bouchet is not listed at Kobo yet. Goes on sale today. I wonder what Sourcebooks is doing.

Guess I shall have to wait to read it.

I miss Discover a New Love. At least you could buy ebooks directly from Sourcebooks then. (ETA: They only have the book listed in print, though it appears you can buy the first book in the series as epub).

Last edited by library addict; 01-03-2017 at 12:25 AM. Reason: correction
Old 01-03-2017, 12:30 AM   #24
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
If you're looking for ePub, and not specifically Kobo, BAM has it as does Google.

Sourcebooks does sell some eBooks direct still, but it seems quite hit or miss as to what's available.

Don't know how Sourcebooks usually is with Kobo, but for some publishers/authors they still seem like an afterthought and books get put up there late.

Last edited by AnemicOak; 01-03-2017 at 12:34 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 12:34 AM   #25
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Yeah, I guess I'll have to get it at Google.

There just doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to what Sourcebooks sells at Kobo and what they don't. It's strange.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:35 AM   #26
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I was surprised to see that BAM is actually cheaper than both Google & Amazon for it. Haven't bought an eBook from them before, but if their prices are generally lower I might have to consider it.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:40 AM   #27
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Hmm, I've never used BAM either. I figured it was same price everywhere.

I shall see about setting up an account there.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:43 AM   #28
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Freading will have it if you have FLP or another public library that subscribes to them. They usually have it later that day or the next. If you want to read it for free. Hoopla may too. I can't remember if they have sourcebooks or not.

Sent from my XT1528
Old 01-03-2017, 12:48 AM   #29
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Freading will have it if you have FLP or another public library that subscribes to them. They usually have it later that day or the next. If you want to read it for free. Hoopla may too. I can't remember if they have sourcebooks or not.
Yeah, none of my libraries have it.

I set up an account with BAM and used Paypal.

It still shows as a pre-order, so not sure what time zone they're using. But hey, I got it for $5.34 plus tax. And it's always good to have another store to buy books at.

ETA: Booksamillion is also on Swagbucks. Shame I didn't check that before placing my order, but I'll know for next time.

Last edited by library addict; 01-03-2017 at 12:54 AM.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:52 AM   #30
AnemicOak
Bookaholic

Look forward to your experience. From what they say on their website it should be a simple straight ADE download so hopefully no issues there. I wonder if they're using a distributor (like OverDrive) or if they're running their own Content Server.