Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 02-08-2017, 06:50 AM   #31
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
Does that mean that I can compare 2 columns based on the amount of stories each author and ID has?
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 09:13 AM   #32
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If I understand your ultimate purpose and goal, ABCH likely achieves it. Install it, create a single text Custom Column #abc_hierarchy per the OP, and execute it. Examine the results to see if they work for you.

DaltonST
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-08-2017, 09:16 AM   #33
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

As far as I can see, I can't run a comparison.

I need to compare the amount of stories from Author with author ID and see if the amount is the same or it shows me the books where it doesn't add up.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:16 AM   #34
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Tanjamuse:

From what I can infer from your questions, the ABCH plug-in will totally replace your 2 custom columns and your tediously manual reconciliation process.

ABCH is all about co-authors.

It is possible you may also find value in the ABC plug-in as well, since it has an optional #abc_numeric integer custom column that enables numeric searches such as "author has more than 5 but fewer than 34 books". ABC is all about single Authors (or the primary Author when there are co-authors involved).

I suggest that you install ABCH with only a single custom column, #abc_hierarchy. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...52#post2890052

Then install ABC with both #author_book_count and #abc_numeric custom columns. Run them. View the Tag Browser for them.

See the attached image with a simple example. The value for ABCH shows the co-authors sorted from most books currently in the library to least books.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	abc_hierarchy_example.jpg
Views:	453
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	154854  
Old 02-08-2017, 10:27 AM   #35
Tanjamuse
Wizard

I don't want to replace any columns just an comparison between the amount of stories from an author and the amount of stories from an author ID.
Advert
Old 02-08-2017, 10:39 AM   #36
DaltonST
Deviser

Let's see if I understand. You have a manual process to reconcile counts found in certain custom columns. You don't want to eliminate the manual process, but want a tool to help you do the manual process. ABCH eliminates the need for the manual process entirely by automating it. So, my conclusion is that ABCH not an appropriate tool to help you perform the manual process that it implicitly obviates.

Sorry.

DaltonST
Old 08-12-2018, 12:51 PM   #37
Georgie W
Connoisseur
Georgie W began at the beginning.

Device: KT4 5.13.6
Thanks - really useful plug-in and has just saved me masses of time.
Georgie W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:53 PM   #38
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 2.1.6 - Python 3 compatibility.

Version 2.1.6 - 23 May 2019 Python 3 compatibility.

Required Calibre Version: 3.41.3 or later.

DaltonST
Old 06-29-2019, 07:07 PM   #39
ngh0
ngh0 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Thank you for creating this tool, looks like it will go some way to help with organizing my book collection.

If I can add a wish list?
I want to be able to add comments that are Author based rather than book based.

With the demise of FactFict I find that I am flitting again and again to different author sites for the same information several times. I would be nice to be able to list at least the Author's web site URL and maybe add other information....

Any suggestions on how to do this? It it possible to add to the plugin or create a new one.

Again thank you for your time and effort so far..
ngh0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 10:04 PM   #40
DaltonST
Deviser

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngh0 View Post
Thank you for creating this tool, looks like it will go some way to help with organizing my book collection.

If I can add a wish list?
I want to be able to add comments that are Author based rather than book based.

With the demise of FactFict I find that I am flitting again and again to different author sites for the same information several times. I would be nice to be able to list at least the Author's web site URL and maybe add other information....

Any suggestions on how to do this? It it possible to add to the plugin or create a new one.

Again thank you for your time and effort so far..
Your question has been asked and various options discussed a number of times in the Calibre Library Management sub-forum. The latest was: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=320669

DaltonST
Old 07-22-2019, 12:26 PM   #41
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 2.1.7 Technically restructured and simplified to improve performance

Version 2.1.7 - 22 July 2019 Technically restructured and simplified to improve performance.

DaltonST
Old 12-16-2019, 11:40 AM   #42
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 2.1.8 Technical Tweaks after compiling with Python 3.8

Version 2.1.8 - 16 December 2019 Technical Tweaks after compiling with Python 3.8
Old 12-19-2019, 12:42 PM   #43
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 2.1.9 Technical changes after Python 3.8 testing with Calibre 4.99.2

Version 2.1.9 - 19 December 2019 Technical changes after Python 3.8 testing with Calibre 4.99.2
Old 02-17-2020, 08:22 AM   #44
mobidummy
mobidummy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Can you Please release HERE your last Calibre 3.48.0 compatible version of your plugin.

There are some poor People who have to stay on 3.48 on some Devices.
I lost my last 3.48 instance with the old Pluginversion.
And its not possible to download old versions from inbuilt PluginManager.

THANKs
mobidummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 02:23 PM   #45
DaltonST
Deviser

Version 2.2.0 Miscellaneous technical changes to improve performance

Version 2.2.0 - 17 December 2020 Miscellaneous technical changes to improve performance.

DaltonST

Tags
plugins