Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-16-2011, 10:35 AM   #1
Pinkeyes
Pinkeyes began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Switching Libraries from the Web

Hi

Could anyone tell me if this is possible, or likely in future releases to be able to switch to a different calibre library via the built in web server.

I quite like the idea of having several Calibre libraries, but access is usually done through the web server (my calibre is on my 'always on' PC at work)

Thanks
Pinkeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 10:49 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, it's not going to be possible. You can however run multiple servers on different ports for your multiple libraries.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2011, 11:01 AM   #3
Pinkeyes

Hi

Thanks for the quick response, and the excellent Calibre !

I assume I need to run multiple copies of Calibre to have multiple web servers running ?
Old 05-16-2011, 11:10 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkeyes View Post
Hi

Thanks for the quick response, and the excellent Calibre !

I assume I need to run multiple copies of Calibre to have multiple web servers running ?
No - the Calibre server can be started from the Command line without starting the main Calibre program. Details on how to do this are in the User Manual (I do not have the link to hand unfortunately) and have been discussed in a number of threads.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkeyes View Post
No, and as far as I know, you can't have multiple instances of Calibre running, even if they all access a different library. You should start the server by using calibre-server and start multiple instances of that. Remember, though, that each server needs to listen on its own port.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2011, 11:25 AM   #6
Pinkeyes

Thanks again for the quick response, you have all been really helpful.

Tags
library, server, switch, web