Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-02-2010, 09:12 PM   #1
ConstantineXVI
ConstantineXVI began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2I
Nook battery life?

I've had a Nook for about a week and just put it through it's first stress-test, reading A Game Of Thrones on a car trip. I fully charged it before bed last night, had TS brightness at 10%, 30s timeout, extra small font, cell on, wifi off. Read about 400 pages in, charge is sitting at 37% when I get home. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? And if it's normal, is the Kindle any better?
ConstantineXVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 10:21 PM   #2
Lastblade
Nookie are we
Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lastblade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks with and without color
Did you put it in Airplane mode so the wifi is off? That could prolong the battery too.
Lastblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2010, 08:21 AM   #3
GERGE
Guru
GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GERGE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra
You probably left wireless open. It is not as good as Kindle I could easily get more than 2000 pages.
GERGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 11:56 AM   #4
malligator
Enthusiast
malligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enoughmalligator will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 3
I don't think there is any argument that the Kindle has better battery life due to not having to power Wifi and a color touchscreen. To maximize the Nook battery you'll need to turn off all wireless including the 3G. In other words, use Airplane Mode. That said, I don't mind the Nook battery capacity even with Wifi on, but we're each individual and have to decide how many hoops we're willing to jump through to get the battery capacity we desire.
malligator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:30 AM   #5
delaplane
delaplane began at the beginning.

Device: nook hd+, nook, touchpad, transformer, note
The battery also needs a few charge/discharge cycles before it gives its best performance.
delaplane is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert