Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 05-30-2010, 01:51 AM   #1
Adammar
Adammar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Daily Edition
Replacement Stylus

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement stylus. My daughter makes pretty good use of it and it was just accidentally left on a family vacation. I am surprised that it is so hard to find. I know I can use any old stylus but having one that fits in the slot will (hopefully) help from losing future ones.

Thanks
Adammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 03:53 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Sony sell them online, but they aren't cheap.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2010, 10:24 PM   #3
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Stylus not needed

I use my thumbnail. Its just as good as the stylus. I've never used the stylus at all.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:11 AM   #4
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I use my thumbnail. Its just as good as the stylus. I've never used the stylus at all.
I only used the stylus to initially calibrate the thing. Thumbnail works great.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 03:48 PM   #5
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.
dorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-books

Device: deceased PRS-600, Nook STR
Thumbnails great, but is difficult for me to take notes with. Unfortunately, sony's replacement service sucks. You can get one direct from Sony, but it'll cost you... 26USD.

For a stylus. x_x

https://servicesales.sel.sony.com/ec...yName=Computer
dorino is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2010, 06:42 PM   #6
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Stylus NOT needed for notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorino View Post
Thumbnails great, but is difficult for me to take notes with. Unfortunately, sony's replacement service sucks. You can get one direct from Sony, but it'll cost you... 26USD.
The PRS 900 has a virtual keyboard to TYPE notes. Stylus is NOT required for that purpose.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:48 PM   #7
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.
dorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-booksdorino has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
The PRS 900 has a virtual keyboard to TYPE notes. Stylus is NOT required for that purpose.
Ah, so does the PRS-600. But I scribble notes faster.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:25 AM   #8
sirmaru
Wizard

Bullet pens

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorino View Post
Ah, so does the PRS-600. But I scribble notes faster.
You need to develop your Thumb Touch Typing skills. Its needed for cell phone texting in any event.

If not, go here and buy a Fischer Bullet Pen:

http://www.spacepen.com/

You can use them to sign out at supermarkets with the bullet cover or use as regular pen. They last for a decade. They are great for drawing diagrams on the PRS 900 using the bullet cover.
Old 06-10-2010, 12:16 PM   #9
Ken401
Addict
Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken401 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, PRS-950, PRS-505, Nexus 10, Xoom
I also use the Fischer Bullet Pen. I like the one with the stylus built into the pen cap:

http://www.spacepen.com/chromebulletwithstylus-1.aspx
Ken401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #10
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.

I don't text, sirmaru. I type at 120wpm, but I text at 1wpm. I don't use my cellphone very much as a result. On the subject of pens, I'm very poor/cheap, so I use the freebies that they give away at banks and the like. Yay promotional items!
Old 06-10-2010, 05:33 PM   #11
sirmaru
Wizard

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken401 View Post
I also use the Fischer Bullet Pen. I like the one with the stylus built into the pen cap:

http://www.spacepen.com/chromebulletwithstylus-1.aspx
Thanks for that advice. I just ordered the same model, 400CL/S - Chrome Bullet Space Pen with Stylus and Clip, from Amazon for $ 6.00 less than Fisher sells them.

I ordered two: one for my grandson and one for myself.
Old 06-12-2010, 10:42 AM   #12
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
For some reason there is a $10 difference in price between the stylus for the 900 and the 600. The 600 works in the 900, so I'd go with the 600 model.

https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/son...A1746716A.aspx

https://servicesplus.us.sony.biz/son...A1732038A.aspx
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 03:50 PM   #13
dorino
I'm odd. Take note.

Is the 600 identical, in terms of fitting the slot and securing?
Old 06-12-2010, 06:13 PM   #14
advocate2
My Kingdom for Karma
advocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the roughadvocate2 is a jewel in the rough

Device: Sony 350, 650, 950, Nook Color
The 600 and 900 stylus have the same tip and barrel. The cap is a little different.
advocate2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 04:27 AM   #15
joewandy
Enthusiast
joewandy began at the beginning.

How about trying the Nintendo DS stylus ? I lost my original sony stylus too, and my NDS stylus fits. It never came loose despite much shaking and remains tight inside the slot. Plus it's dirt cheap and you can get it anywhere. The only downside is that it's made of poorer material than the original sony one. Cheap plastic basically.
joewandy is offline   Reply With Quote