Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-04-2010, 01:41 AM   #1
fooziex
fooziex began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-600
Hello to our community!

Howdy y'all. I'm a proud owner of a PRS-600. Having found calibre on the first or second day of using my reader, I'm quite pleased with the combination of the two. One thing that has aroused my concern is the fact that my reader's display is rather ineffective in bright sunlight. It's a bit hard to describe the effect; the dark parts of the display (text) tend to come up more faintly than usual, with a dithered appearance similar to the Photoshop "dissolve" layer setting. Anyways, I'm mainly posting to get this forum to stop asking me to make a first post and hopefully prevent my account from being culled sometime for inactivity.
fooziex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 02:44 AM   #2
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Welcome to MR and out of lurk mode, fooziex.

The below is some information that may be helpful if you haven't yet come across it in the forums.

MR has free ebooks that have been beautifully formatted by some very dedicated MR members. ePub format and Sony BBeB / lrf format <-- does the 600 still use this one?

Free ebook sites.. feedbooks.com and manybooks.net

Free and for purchase ebooks .. smashwords.com and baen.com Plus Baen has a free library

You can explore using Calibre to manage your library of DRM free books and Kovid, the creator, frequents the forums here. We even have a dedicated Calibre forum.

Here are a couple of book search engines for finding and comparing book prices.. AddAll, eBookPrice.Info, and Inkmesh.

Have fun in the forums and ask if you have any questions.

PS Check my signature and click on the links to find more information.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2010, 08:16 AM   #3
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	06.gif
Views:	305
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	51050 out of the darkness, fooziex.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 10:34 AM   #4
joycedb
Guru
joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joycedb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hello and welcome. You've picked a great site for info on electronic gadgets. I'm sure you'll find your answer somewhere.

Joyce
[Promotional link]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-13-2015 at 09:02 PM.
joycedb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2010, 06:36 PM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi fooziex and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-04-2010, 10:42 PM   #6
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hello fooziex and welcome to MR.

I haven't yet read in bright sunlight (with my Sony that is) - but then again, I had problems in the past when reading paperbooks in bright sunlight too - too much glare from those lily white pages. I prefer to read in the shade.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:36 AM   #7
ImogenRose
PORTAL
ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ImogenRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, Kindle 3 (3G), iPhone
Hello and welcome to MR!
ImogenRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 03:45 AM   #8
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Fooziex. I had similar probles with my Sony (505) and others here have reported the same. It was a pest because I do a lot of reading on my wee terrace and the sun's usually pretty strong out there. The way I covercame it was simply to buy a smart fliptop cover for the reader (it's called iEasy, but I think it's now turned out under another name by Tuff-luv). Among its many great advantages is one I've not seen mentioned before ... it's very easy and comfortable to use the flip-top flap as a sunshade, still holding the machine in one hand. Never the slightest problem since. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:30 PM   #9
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
hello and welcome to MR!!!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote