Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 06-02-2009, 02:02 PM   #1
minhtruong
minhtruong began at the beginning.

Device: Android phone
Aldiko – New EPUB reader for Android (with Feedbooks integration)

I wanted to let you guys know that a new ebook reader with full EPUB support is now available on the Android platform.

You can check out our website for info, screenshots and a short demo video:

http://www.aldiko.com

We worked with our friends at Feedbooks to make all of their content browsable and downloadable seamlessly from within our app. Also we implemented the OPDS distribution protocol (i.e. what Stanza on the iPhone uses to access third party online catalogs) which mean we’ll be able to provide content from many more sources in the future.

The reading experience is fully customizable (font size and type, color, margin, etc.). Also, we do support epub Table of Content, as well as custom bookmarks.

I invite those of you who have an Android phone to give our app a try and I would love to get feedbacks and suggestions from you guys on how we can improve things.

Thanks!
minhtruong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:05 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi minhtruong, welcome to the forum ! thanks for this announcement, very exciting news ! i don't have an android phone but i'm really excited to hear about more epub reading apps making ebooks accessible to new plateforms. i'm sure there will be a lot of people very interested in this !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-02-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
Lee Crocker
Free Software Developer
Lee Crocker began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
I don't see any info here about price.
Lee Crocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:10 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
It's $1.99.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:05 PM   #5
myshyak
myshyak began at the beginning.

Device: HTC Magic
Please advice book format supported.Cyrrilic fonts?
myshyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2009, 04:27 PM   #6
minhtruong

Yes, Aldiko does have support for Cyrillic fonts (as well as Chinese and Japanese btw).

You can even try it out for yourself today as there is already a number of books in Russian from Feedbooks that you can download directly from the app.

Our native format is EPUB.
Old 06-05-2009, 11:20 AM   #7
Mobert
Enthusiast
Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mobert ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Is there a way to get personal content from calibre onto the reader?
Mobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #8
minhtruong

Hey, I just want to let you guys know that we pushed an update for Aldiko this morning that will enable you to import EPUB files into your Aldiko bookshelf. You can also download EPUB books directly from the Browser. For more details, please visit our blog at http://www.aldiko.com/blog/

Tags
android, epub, feedbooks, reading system, software