Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-28-2009, 12:55 PM   #16
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
We also send new year wishes around too. But generally together with the chistmas wishes And we have a custom to have done all that before January 6th.

But, a happy new year too you all!
I didn't get my birthday card.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 08:22 PM   #17
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
In france we have a tradition of sending cards in january to wish all our friends the best for the new year. since i've just finished mine (just in time ! since january is almost over...) i would like to take the opportunity to wish all my friends at mobileread a good and happy year in 2009 : i wish you good health, happiness, and every good thing.
Sorry, what with the timezones and other local anomolies, it's already February 12 here. You're too late.

No, wait, I just checked, and it's February 12, 1554. I better go tell Lady Jane Grey to put a lot of extra starch in her collar this morning.

Oh, and thank-you, my Queen. May your inevitable beheading be completely painless (don't worry, I have a cunning plan).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2009, 07:51 AM   #18
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by montsnmags View Post
Sorry, what with the timezones and other local anomolies, it's already February 12 here. You're too late.

No, wait, I just checked, and it's February 12, 1554. I better go tell Lady Jane Grey to put a lot of extra starch in her collar this morning.

Oh, and thank-you, my Queen. May your inevitable beheading be completely painless (don't worry, I have a cunning plan).

Cheers,
Marc
As long as it´s not a cutting plan.... (sometimes I´m a little afraid of Marc)

Thanks for your wishes, Zelda. All the best to you!
ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:59 AM   #19
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
As long as it´s not a cutting plan.... (sometimes I´m a little afraid of Marc)
Of him or for him?

You know he might cut himself...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:04 PM   #20
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Of him or for him?

You know he might cut himself...
I bought a pole chainsaw yesterday. Today I am Okily-dokily Gibboni, Garden Jedi. I have become more horsepowerful than you can possibly imagine.

Cheers,
Marc (A million tree limbs cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced)
Advert
Old 01-29-2009, 08:06 PM   #21
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
I bought a pole chainsaw yesterday. Today I am Okily-dokily Gibboni, Garden Jedi. I have become more horsepowerful than you can possibly imagine.

Cheers,
Marc (A million tree limbs cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced)
What on earth is a pole chainsaw?
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:35 PM   #22
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
In france we have a tradition of sending cards in january to wish all our friends the best for the new year. since i've just finished mine (just in time ! since january is almost over...) i would like to take the opportunity to wish all my friends at mobileread a good and happy year in 2009 : i wish you good health, happiness, and every good thing.
Thank you - and the same to you
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:35 PM   #23
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
What on earth is a pole chainsaw?
It's a chainsaw...on a pole. See your bookie for odds on digit-count at end of day.

Sex is boring
Pain is fun
I want to chop my fingers off
One by one.

Cheers,
Marc
Old 01-29-2009, 08:41 PM   #24
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
It's a chainsaw...on a pole. See your bookie for odds on digit-count at end of day.

Sex is boring
Pain is fun
One by one.

Cheers,
Marc
I think I'm a little scared now...
Old 01-29-2009, 08:41 PM   #25
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

Sex is boring
Pain is fun
One by one.

Cheers,
Marc
Wouldn't a pole chainsaw cut your fingers off en masse? You'd be better off sharpening knives dangerously to do them one at a time...
Old 01-29-2009, 08:56 PM   #26
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Wouldn't a pole chainsaw cut your fingers off en masse?
Not if you're very careful.

Quote:
You'd be better off sharpening knives dangerously to do them one at a time...
While people are saying they're a little scared of me, Am is making practical suggestions for digit removal.

Happy 2009 everybody. May it at some stage make some kind of sense, even if you can't do anything with that knowledge.

Cheers,
Marc

Last edited by montsnmags; 01-30-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 01-29-2009, 09:02 PM   #27
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Not if you're very careful.
I still think it sounds a little risky for doing it one at time, although having given it some thought I see that it could be done by a very skilled practitioner.

Quote:
While people are saying they're a little scared of me, Am is making practical suggestions for digit removal.
I do try to be practical
Old 01-30-2009, 09:29 AM   #28
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I think I'm a little scared now...
Just now? You've been in the lounge for over a month and it just now hits you to be afraid?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:44 AM   #29
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Just now? You've been in the lounge for over a month and it just now hits you to be afraid?
I don't get scared much. Takes a lot