Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-09-2016, 07:06 PM   #31
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Have you transitioned from the Jetsons to Eve Dallas? Or have I forgotten that the Jetsons had an "autochef"?
Yes I did. Though they are set in about the same era. The Jetsons were set in 2062. The last Eve Dallas I read was set in 2059.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 07:29 PM   #32
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
You could always get a Foodini food printer.

https://www.naturalmachines.com/
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2016, 07:32 PM   #33
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I am waiting for the jet pack that will allow me to fly.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 07:54 PM   #34
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I am waiting for the jet pack that will allow me to fly.
They make those now.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:31 PM   #35
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
On the other hand, the Jetson's meal would be in the form of a pill (depending on the episode), so thank goodness we aren't there yet.
Being an eat-to-live person, as opposed to live-to-eat, and hating to cook, I'd be fine with that, plus an occasional snack or dessert.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2016, 10:27 PM   #36
Conan46
Fanatic
Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Conan46 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 3
That article was written by a "glass half-empty" person.
I would say electronic gadgets have become fairly cheap and disposable, but by no means on the demise.
Was just thinking the other day that we thought it was a big deal years ago to have a 25" color TV when I was a kid. We could not have imagined having 50" and larger TV's sitting in our living room. I remember watching the old Star Trek re-runs with my little brother when we were boys and we wanted Star Trek communicators so badly back then. Now we have smartphones that make those communicators look pale in comparison. As long as people love their gadgets--there will be no end of them.
A few gadgets that have become available in the past few years:
streaming sticks--Fire TV Stick, Chromecast, Chromebooks, Amazon Echo, Google Home, TV Soundbars, Bluetooth Speakers, Drones.
Conan46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:00 PM   #37
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I think we are almost there.
Note: I do not own the programmable crockpot.
With the correct gadgets, you could make a meal in under 15 minutes.
Why don't we do a pot roast, with homemade bread and coffee to be ready at 7pm.
At 7 am,wash the potatoes and carrots, get out your veg-o-matic, thick slice the potatoes, carrots and onions. Put them in the programmable crockpot. Season if desired, Throw the roast on top and set the timer. Season the roast too if desired.
We are now at 7:05. Put all the bread ingredients in the bread machine. Close lid and set the timer.
Now go over to your programmable coffee maker and put in the coffee and the water. Set the timer.
There now you have a quick dinner with less than 15 minutes work.

Note: The veg-o-matic is very handy for French fries and evenly sliced potatoes and carrots.
Use baby carrots to save even more time.
Can you wash The veg-o-matic and still be under the 15 minutes?
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 11:43 PM   #38
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenman View Post
Can you wash The veg-o-matic and still be under the 15 minutes?
Easily. Just pop out the blade or blades. (I have the older model with 2 blades.)
Old 12-12-2016, 03:49 AM   #39
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
I think we are almost there.
Note: I do not own the programmable crockpot.
With the correct gadgets, you could make a meal in under 15 minutes.
Why don't we do a pot roast, with homemade bread and coffee to be ready at 7pm.
At 7 am,wash the potatoes and carrots, get out your veg-o-matic, thick slice the potatoes, carrots and onions. Put them in the programmable crockpot. Season if desired, Throw the roast on top and set the timer. Season the roast too if desired.
We are now at 7:05. Put all the bread ingredients in the bread machine. Close lid and set the timer.
Now go over to your programmable coffee maker and put in the coffee and the water. Set the timer.
There now you have a quick dinner with less than 15 minutes work.

Note: The veg-o-matic is very handy for French fries and evenly sliced potatoes and carrots.
Use baby carrots to save even more time.
We don't have a crockpot either, but I do have an oven I can program. I only ever used it once. I was making desert with a dinner withour neighbours (at their place) and I wanted it warm. So, I set the program to turn on so-and-so late so it was warm by the time we got to it

But I don't see our oven as a gadget... (the slowcooker I've ordered, on the other hand has a very high gadget level as it can be controlled over wifi )

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Well no flying car in a briefcase either.
That's the thing I'd love the most, actually...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:52 AM   #40
Alpha o
Addict
Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alpha o ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Darwin, inkBOOK Obsidian
How do you suppose a "smart" fridge would react to a sourdough crock? It's fermented from local yeast, can develop "hooch" which you just mix back in. But would a smart fridge think it was spoiled?

Take it out every 2 weeks, feed it, use some of the sourdough, put the crock back.

Some have kept a sourdough culture alive for years.

I do have a multi-cooker. It will sear meat so I don't have to dirty a pan. It will also act as a rice maker.

I have a bread machine. Make cornbread and bran and molasses bread in it totally.
Use it for sourdough sponge, and knead sourdough and yeast breads in it. Then bake in regular oven. I don't want a stand mixer.
Alpha o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:22 AM   #41
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha o View Post
A bakery in San Francisco claims to be using its original culture from 1849.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 11:54 AM   #42
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha o View Post
How do you suppose a "smart" fridge would react to a sourdough crock? It's fermented from local yeast, can develop "hooch" which you just mix back in. But would a smart fridge think it was spoiled?

Take it out every 2 weeks, feed it, use some of the sourdough, put the crock back.

I do have a multi-cooker. It will sear meat so I don't have to dirty a pan. It will also act as a rice maker.

I have a bread machine. Make cornbread and bran and molasses bread in it totally.
Use it for sourdough sponge, and knead sourdough and yeast breads in it. Then bake in regular oven. I don't want a stand mixer.
The smart refrigerator is not that smart yet.

Cornbread in the bread machine? Must ask how long do you set the timer to bake and do you use a recipe or a mix?

Last edited by Cinisajoy; 12-12-2016 at 11:59 AM.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:50 PM   #43
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Around 1900 or so I understand people were certain that everything had been discovered and/or invented. Well here we are almost to 2017 and look how many more things have been discovered and/or invented since then.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 01:03 PM   #44
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Around 1900 or so I understand people were certain that everything had been discovered and/or invented. Well here we are almost to 2017 and look how many more things have been discovered and/or invented since then.
I don't think I can count that high.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:55 PM   #45
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Around 1900 or so I understand people were certain that everything had been discovered and/or invented.
I won't be satisfied until I have my flying car and my positronic robot.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote