Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-17-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
lindaw2396
lindaw2396 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, iPad, Android smartphone, Kindle
Sigil is crashing in Windows

I was hoping this crashing business would end when I upgraded to 0.7.2 but it didn't. I'm having the same problem so I thought I better post the error:

Error info: Critical:QWindowsBackingStore::flush: BitBlt failed (The handle is invalid.)
Sigil version: 0.7.2
Runtime Qt: 5.0.2
Compiled Qt: 5.0.2
Platform: Windows SysInfo ID 144

Help please.
lindaw2396 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
What version of Windows? What were you doing when it crashed?

This message seems to be the same as reported as a Qt5 bug, but not fixed in 5.0.2 (and no confirmation that it will be fixed) - applications will stop/crash when Windows locks the screen.

The only workaround is to save/exit Sigil before your screen locks.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2013, 04:35 PM   #3
lindaw2396

Windows 7. I opened Sigil, switched to another program, heard some light beeping going on, switched back to Sigil and got the error message. I'm wondering if there's a connection with another program locking up sometimes: Adobe InDesign CS6. The only way out for me is to shutdown and restart in both situations.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #4
lindaw2396

Sigil 0.7.2 crashing in Windows 7 64-bit

UPDATE: I tried downloading Sigil 0.7.2 on another computer running Windows 7 (both are 64-bit) and I had the same problem. So I'm back to using Sigil 0.6.2 and it's working better (only crashes once in awhile). I'm very disappointed not to be able to use the new features!
Old 04-22-2013, 05:42 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
something is common to both those systems.
It may be hardware (like a graphics Tablet), A user installed utility (like robo form). Security software...

Or maybe you did not send a big enough donation
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert