Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #226
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj74 View Post
problem:
Better place for bug reports: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...e=1&state=open
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #227
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj74 View Post
Version koreader 394, Italian KPW 5.3.5, kpvbooklet 0.4.9.

problem:
- The dictionary does not work with pdf reflow

PS: Thanks for the "GOTO"
wait.... There is GOTO function now?

now, THAT is worth getting up off my molasses and finding the device for an update... (yeah yeah okay so maybe I did lose my page on page 486 a while ago and never had the heart to press the page 400+ times)

*gets off molasses*

EDIT:

Erm.. someone show pity and put the https://code.google.com/p/koreader-p...downloads/list (downloads) link in the readme.md?

Hell, I will do it and make a pull request if it takes that.

Seriously, the average Joe will be looking for that.

Shove it near the top

Kind regards,
Joe Average

Last edited by twobob; 08-05-2013 at 08:06 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #228
MaxStirner
Connoisseur
MaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle Touch, Paperwhite
First of all thanks for the GOTO and File Manager Redesign! Much better now
Reporting a problem again (sorry to bother you so often)
I have a a scanned pdf which has four pages in one like this
1 2
3 4
But after reflowing the text is displayed in changed order 1 3 2 4. In other words - left side is displayed completely top-bottom and then the right side. Changing column numbers does not help at all. I hesitate to call it a "bug" as this is how you would normally expect Koreader to behave. But reporting nevertheless in case anybody has any ideas..

Last edited by MaxStirner; 08-06-2013 at 05:11 PM.
MaxStirner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #229
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My "goto" appears to do nothing.

pressing RETURN simply entered another (space/blank) character after the 400 in the box.

I ended up pressing next page 400 times. Sigh.

Is it only me that gets this?
I won't report it as a bug until someone else confirms they too get this.
Old 08-06-2013, 05:15 PM   #230
MaxStirner
Connoisseur
MaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic somethingMaxStirner has a certain pleonastic something

My works just fine -I type page page number hit return and that's it
Advert
Old 08-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #231
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxStirner View Post
But reporting nevertheless in case anybody has any ideas..
you can use briss
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 05:42 PM   #232
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxStirner View Post
My works just fine -I type page page number hit return and that's it
hmm...

This was on the PW.
perhaps it works on a touch. Ill have a test at some point
Old 08-06-2013, 06:03 PM   #233
cubemike99
Enthusiast
cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cubemike99 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Is there a past build that's confirmed to be working with .cbz files? The latest nightly crashes on trying to open one, and the first true release doesn't even support them.
cubemike99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #234
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
What do you mean by "first true release" ?
This one? https://code.google.com/p/koreader-p...r-v2013.03.zip

Going by the date of that package and the date of this thread, I guess that one would be called "the first" (and only).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:49 AM   #235
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Well, we really need to consolidate and test and do a proper release then. cubemike99, can you open a new issue on the Github issue tracker? Twobob, you're of course right, we should have a link to the downloads on the "start page".
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:00 AM   #236
MaxStirner
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
you can use briss
Worked like a charm. At first I was disappointed when I saw a Java app thinking "Jesus this is gonna take some hours." But to my surprise everything was done in less than a minute. Thanks again.
Old 08-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #237
mmjoshi
Connoisseur
mmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchforkmmjoshi can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle Touch
Last two nightlies do not work

Has anybody else faced this problem? The last two nightlies namely koreader-nightly-20130808 and koreader-nightly-20130810 do not work for me. When I run KOReader from KUAL and try either to "open the last document" or "start in documents" nothing happens and the home page menu of Kindle is displayed.

However, the nightly koreader-nightly-20130803 works fine. Only the goto a page or a bookmark for epub documents does not work in this nightly.

I am using Kindle Touch with 5.3.2.1 software.

mj
mmjoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #238
DiannaInVA
Enthusiast
DiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of itDiannaInVA has read War And Peace ... all of it

Device: Nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmjoshi View Post
Has anybody else faced this problem? The last two nightlies namely koreader-nightly-20130808 and koreader-nightly-20130810 do not work for me. When I run KOReader from KUAL and try either to "open the last document" or "start in documents" nothing happens and the home page menu of Kindle is displayed.

However, the nightly koreader-nightly-20130803 works fine. Only the goto a page or a bookmark for epub documents does not work in this nightly.

I am using Kindle Touch with 5.3.2.1 software.

mj
Today's isn't working for me either (PW 5.3.5). I tried the 8/3 version and that seems to work okay. I was using a really old version of this...that had a clock...the one from a few days ago, the clock is gone. *sigh* Since that was the only reason I was looking for another reader, I guess I'll just go back to using the Kindle reader.

EDIT: I found the "CR3.ini" file and set the "clock" to 1...and now my clock is back! It was not very obvious at all! I had to search through many posts before I saw that explanation!

Last edited by DiannaInVA; 08-10-2013 at 08:33 PM.
DiannaInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #239
trekk
Terraner
trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trekk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, Aura One, Kindle Oasis 1 & 2 ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiannaInVA View Post
EDIT: I found the "CR3.ini" file and set the "clock" to 1...and now my clock is back! It was not very obvious at all! I had to search through many posts before I saw that explanation!
You can do some nice things by tweaking the cr3.ini. For instance you can toggle the complete statusbar, or the page numbers, the clock, the chapter markers etc. separately.
trekk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 06:52 AM   #240
twobob

one day a config screen may surface.
These are the niceties that eventually describe themselves in a project.

Until then, Kterm it is

Tags
application, k5 tools, kindle, koreader, launcher add-ons, lua, reader, touch