Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-08-2012, 08:58 AM   #1
sjmc
sjmc began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Kindle fire, windows 7 reading problem

I have just bought a Kindle fire and am having problems with windows 7 seeing the device, I have downloaded calibre and converted the books but when i come to transfer the books over to the kindle windows 7 does not see it, though it does see ir as a mass storage device, any help would be grateful as I am scratching me head on this.
sjmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 09:26 AM   #2
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=198847
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2012, 12:50 PM   #3
sjmc
sjmc began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Tried that link already, it won't let me down load it because I have a more uptodate version of media player
sjmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:18 PM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Make your transfers via the Amazon Cloud (5 Gb limit) to their upload folder and then move it to the proper reception folder.

If Calibre can convert those eBooks to Word, then just email them to your Kindle page.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 03:45 AM   #5
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
I often just drag and drop ebook files into the books folder of my KFHD (connect fire to computer via USB). I also use Send to Kindle feature that is provided by Amazon.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert