Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-10-2012, 11:59 AM   #1
nosfera2
nosfera2 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Kindle Touch - Using text-to-speech to pronounce individual words

I'm planning to get a KT sometime soon for my 7-year-old who is learning how to read and it would be great if she could somehow select a difficult word and get an approximate pronounciation without fiddling with all the obtrusive text-to-speech menus and options.

How hard would it be to get the Kindle Touch to read out individual words only from within the normal reading page, using the text-to-speech functions? Is this at all doable? Anyone up for the challenge?

Thanks!
nosfera2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hack, kindle touch, text to speech