Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 10-02-2010, 11:15 AM   #1
morari
The Word-Eater
morari began at the beginning.

Device: Nook WiFi
Thumbs up PubIt

Barnes & Nobles has finally opened the door to its self-publishing venue, PubIt. The setup looks pretty good thus far, as it at least allows you to decide whether or not you want any nasty DRM on your books. The one thing that I do think is odd is that your book has to cost at least $0.99... no freebies.

Anyway, I have one up for sale now and a few more processing. These are older short stories, completely fiction, usually sci-fi or horror. I think they're worth $0.99, but I'm biased!

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...=2940011830730
morari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:16 PM   #2
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
I've just had the titles of my YA fantasy series go live through Pubit too. I'm excited about reaching new readers and having more control over my books than I do with the one there through Smashwords. I have to say though I emailed support about having a duplicate title and the "response" I received really didn't give me any new information. That was disappointing, but I'm sure things'll work out fine.

If anyone wants to check out an exciting story of youth and discovery:
Powerless: The Synthesis on BN.com <-- First book just 99 cents!
Powerless: The Shadowing on BN.com

Last edited by foreverjuly; 10-07-2010 at 04:14 PM.
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2010, 05:27 PM   #3
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

Device: Kindle
I have a few books on Barnes & Noble, published by Smashwords. I find that Kindle outsells Apple by a huge margin, and that Apple outsells B&N by a huge margin.

Has anyone had any luck selling ebooks through B&N?
Oldpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:32 PM   #4
Mayzshon
Enthusiast
Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Anyone else having trouble uploading to Pubit?

I've been trying to sell my books on B&N, but every time I try to upload, the site tells me that they are having "Technical issues".
I've tried epub and .doc formats.
Mayzshon is offline   Reply With Quote