Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-06-2017, 12:12 PM   #1
LadyFaire
LadyFaire knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'LadyFaire knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'LadyFaire knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'LadyFaire knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'LadyFaire knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'LadyFaire knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'LadyFaire knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'LadyFaire knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'LadyFaire knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'LadyFaire knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'LadyFaire knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle keyboard/kindle for PC
[Kindle] Since last upgrade, Calibre doesn't see books

With the last upgrade, something happened to where Calibre is not SEEING the newly downloaded books. They are in the Kindle for PC library, but when I go to 'add new books' they don't show up to import into Calibre. What happened? I have 3 days worth of books downloaded that I can't import.

I'm using Windows 7 pro, 64 bit, my browser is Firefox and I'm downloading from Amazon to my PC.

Last edited by LadyFaire; 08-06-2017 at 12:13 PM. Reason: additional info
LadyFaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:14 PM   #2
maddz
Wizard
maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maddz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Icarus, iPad Mini 2, Kobo Touch, Google Nexus 7
Have you updated your Kindle app? The old version had books in awz format in a single directory. The new version of Kindle has a directory for each book and has them in kfx (?) format, which is encrypted, and there is no Calibre plug-in to handle them.
maddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 12:19 PM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Moved to the Calibre forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 02:39 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFaire View Post
With the last upgrade, something happened to where Calibre is not SEEING the newly downloaded books. They are in the Kindle for PC library, but when I go to 'add new books' they don't show up to import into Calibre. What happened? I have 3 days worth of books downloaded that I can't import.

I'm using Windows 7 pro, 64 bit, my browser is Firefox and I'm downloading from Amazon to my PC.
See the stickied thread Dealing with Kindle for PC/Mac 1.19 and KFX in calibre for the likely cause of your problem and suggested fixes.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:27 AM   #5
LadyFaire
LadyFaire knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'LadyFaire knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'LadyFaire knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'LadyFaire knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'LadyFaire knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'LadyFaire knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'LadyFaire knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'LadyFaire knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'LadyFaire knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'LadyFaire knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'LadyFaire knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle keyboard/kindle for PC
Nothing done to the kindle itself, and the format is still the same. If I OPEN each book, even momentarily, THEN Calibre will see the book. Otherwise - nope. As though it isn't even there. And this all started last week when my Calibre did an update.
LadyFaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 08:42 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFaire View Post
Nothing done to the kindle itself, and the format is still the same. If I OPEN each book, even momentarily, THEN Calibre will see the book. Otherwise - nope. As though it isn't even there.
That would suggest that the book is, indeed not there. The presence or absence of a book in your "My Kindle Content" folder on your PC depends what device or app you send the book to when you buy it. If you send the book to K4PC when you buy it, K4PC will download it automatically when you run the program; if you send it to some other device instead, it will show up in the K4PC library, but won't be downloaded to your PC until you open it (ie precisely the behaviour that you describe).

This has nothing whatsoever to do with Calibre.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote