Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-25-2012, 02:12 AM   #16
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Also note that collections are merged when you resend. Removing a tag from the book then resending will not remove the book from that tag's collection.
Thanks! The not removing the book from the collection only applies to Manual mode, right? If I choose "Only on send" it should also remove the book from obsolete collections.

Hmm, will have to check how Calibre handles the various metadata management options and see if I might be able to add an option to just send metadata for Kinoma-based Sony Readers. I'm no good at writing my own code but I can generally figure out how to splice stuff together.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:02 AM   #17
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
Thanks! The not removing the book from the collection only applies to Manual mode, right? If I choose "Only on send" it should also remove the book from obsolete collections.
I was confused and didn't explain things correctly. Looking at the code, I see:

-- manual management: Merge collections when a book is newly put on the device. Otherwise do nothing (leave the collections as they are).

-- on send: Replace collections when a book is newly put on the device. Otherwise do nothing (leave the collections as they are).

-- automatic management: Replace collections whenever the device is connected.

Thus, in manual or on-send modes, resending a book that is already there should do nothing to collections.

Quote:
Hmm, will have to check how Calibre handles the various metadata management options and see if I might be able to add an option to just send metadata for Kinoma-based Sony Readers. I'm no good at writing my own code but I can generally figure out how to splice stuff together.
Calibre wasn't designed to do different things based on reader sub-types. It probably can be done, but you will need to touch a few places. In particular (and probably), devices.prs505.driver to detect the device sub-type somehow and store that information somewhere, devices.usbms.books.get_collections to use that information and select the right collections mode when building the collections list, and gui2.devices to use that information to send the collections to the device. You may also need to touch devices.prs505.sony_cache.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:16 AM   #18
hcroij
hcroij began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs t1 and t2
Guys,

I am a compleet noob at this, so with this in mind you could prob help me.
All of the above (99%) is something I can not coope with, for that I would appreciate your help.

Having a sony Prs-t1 and T2 (last one for mij wife)
I would like to have the following on my e-reader . .

Catergory "author" (so the name of the author)
Bookname should be "series, title"

So something like
Categorie = Robert Jordan
boek name "Wheel of time 4" "The rising shadow"

I tried to experiment with the Preferences:
Sending books to devices
Both Sony Plugins (With this i Could change the category to Author)
Tweaks for sony category

I am afraid I ended up with a library I cant use anymore and an e-reader that isn't happy to see mee.

Could appreciate some help with this.
if you keep in mind that I am a nono in this area . .

regards
Henk Croijmans

Last edited by hcroij; 05-23-2013 at 09:39 AM.
hcroij is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #19
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
@Henk,

If you are still struggling with this, I wrote a step-by-step a while ago which may help. By necessity, it's a very long post because I tried to write it in simple terms.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #20
hcroij
hcroij began at the beginning.

Device: Sony prs t1 and t2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
@Henk,

If you are still struggling with this, I wrote a step-by-step a while ago which may help. By necessity, it's a very long post because I tried to write it in simple terms.
Thanks Jackie,

I wil give it a try.
But as mentioned before . .I am afraid I am quite Noobisch in this field.
hcroij is offline   Reply With Quote