Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 02-26-2013, 06:01 PM   #10951
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Names of people

This one may not be a great question for our North American friends!
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:04 PM   #10952
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
5. James II, III and IV of Scotland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iznogood View Post
All were scotsmen, they were related and of royal blood
Apart from this attempt, I give up
Quote:
Not the answer I want

To avoid further confusion (or, perhaps, to add to it), I'll add Richard I to that list.
Now I've got it.
They're all dead

Since this is my 800th post, I'd better win something; at least a dunce hat
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:06 PM   #10953
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
5. James II, III and IV of Scotland
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:07 PM   #10954
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
They're all dead
Old 02-26-2013, 06:08 PM   #10955
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
1. Symbols of Poseidon
4. Landlocked countries
Shayne Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:13 PM   #10956
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Now I've got it.
They're all dead

Since this is my 800th post, I'd better win something; at least a dunce hat
Sorry, no. But congratulations on the 800th post.

Quote:
Errm...no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayne Parkinson View Post
1. Symbols of Poseidon
4. Landlocked countries
1. No
4. Yes - the three largest landlocked countries by area.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:14 PM   #10957
Shayne Parkinson
Author
Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shayne Parkinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

5. I'm not very good with Scottish kings, but did they all die in combat? I know Richard I died at the siege of Chalus.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #10958
Shayne Parkinson
Author

The quiz master's ruling is, of course, final. But nevertheless I think they *are* all symbols of Poseidon.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #10959
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
5. I'm not very good with Scottish kings, but did they all die in combat? I know Richard I died at the siege of Chalus.
Correct, they were all killed in battle - very combative race, the Scots
Old 02-26-2013, 06:22 PM   #10960
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
The quiz master's ruling is, of course, final. But nevertheless I think they *are* all symbols of Poseidon.
I think you're partially right. But I'm not sure that the horse is necessarily prancing nor the bull necessarily fighting in Poseidon's case?

So I think that there is an answer that more specifically links those three things.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:30 PM   #10961
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Errm...no.
Dang; and I thought they were all "happy" kings
Old 02-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #10962
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
1. Fighting bull; trident; prancing horse
Lamborghini, Maserati, Ferrari
Old 02-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #10963
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Off to bed now. I'll pick up answers in the morning. Night all.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:34 PM   #10964
Shayne Parkinson
Author

Quote:
I think you're partially right. But I'm not sure that the horse is necessarily prancing nor the bull necessarily fighting in Poseidon's case?

So I think that there is an answer that more specifically links those three things.
Good point.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:35 PM   #10965
Bilbo1967
Not scared!

Quote:
Lamborghini, Maserati, Ferrari
Just before bed then. Yes, spot on - Italian sports car manufacturers logos. Well done.